Kodi with VLC Player and add new button to control video speed
Hi,

Is it possible to add custom buttons in the Kodi player window?

It is the one that show the viewing progression of where you are when you watch a movie and it have buttons to fast forward...

I have setup VLC player as the external player and I will like to add a button to slow a bit the movie playing speed to a bit lower so my girlfriend will have the time to read the subtitles and I it it can work because Vlc player have the capability to slow the playing speed

I imagine I need to play or to create a xml for this I believe

Finally it seem to be a file named videoOSD.xml

What remains is to add a button and assign to is the vlc player that will slow the video playing

It seem that the keys to slow down or speed up the video playing in Vlc Player are :
[ or ]

thanks
Thread moved to OS independent
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Modifying .xml files and adding buttons/menu's falls under development or skinning techniques Skinning tutorials (wiki), and if you're not well versed in these skills, you might want to consider some workaround. Such as using VLC as a External players (wiki) Should you wish to try on your coding hat, I'll be more than pleased to relocate this post to the skinning forum.
Kodi also has slowed playback speed in v18
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi with VLC Player and add new button to control video speed0