Library duplicates
Hi,

today i decided to install Kodi (Kodi 17.3) on my pc after a few years of not using it and decided to add one of my tv show (Gosick) just to try it out so i added the main folder (which contains the Gosick sub-folder) as a source and specified the contents as TV Show then i clicked ok and everything work very well. however the problem occurs if you change the Gosick sub-folder name or change on of the episodes name and click "scan for new content" Kodi will add the newly named episode and keep the old (which doesn't exist anymore) and and you end up with two of the same episode with only one of them actually working. and the same if you change the (Gosick sub-folder name) you will end up with to tv shows with the episodes in one of them don't work at all.

isn't that what "scan for new content" supposed to do? check for changes and adjust the library accordingly? or am i missing something out

system:
ram: 16gb
cpu: intel core i7-4790k
gpu: gtx 980
My understanding is "Scan for new content" only scans for new content. It does not remove old/changed content. "Clean Library" would remove entries that are no longer available.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos
Try using the 'Clean Library' option. If previous entries really not exist anymore, they should be removed during the cleaning process.
the "clean library" will delete old entries and the "update library "will add the new content. but is there a button that will do both at the same time?i'm just being lazy Tongue
You can be a lil bit less lazy, if you enable the 'Update Library' on startup in the Settings / Media section.
Cleaning the library is not that necessary every time.
Actually, for the OP's original issue, you would need to do both Clean Library (to remove the "Now" incorrectly named folders and files), and then an Update Library (to add back the "Newly Renamed" folders and files). This will fix his renaming of folders and episode names.
(2017-07-12, 20:14)Powerhouse Wrote: Actually, for the OP's original issue, you would need to do both Clean Library (to remove the "Now" incorrectly named folders and files), and then an Update Library (to add back the "Newly Renamed" folders and files). This will fix his renaming of folders and episode names.
yeah thats what i want to do i just hoped there was a single button (that i can map to my remote) to do all that but i think i 'll stick with update on start up and clean when i need to
Or you could...

Install the Library Auto Update Add-On.
To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within Kodi by going to:
1. Settings
2. Add-ons
3. Install from repository (v15/v16/v17) / Get add-ons (v14)
4. Kodi add-on repository
5. Program Add-ons
6. Library Auto Update
7. Install

Configure the Add-On to Update your library, using CRON, and for the CRON time set it to 0 0 * * * (note there are spaces between each digit). This will start the Update at Midnight every night. There are settings to delay this if you are watching something, and there is a setting to Clean the Library, after the Update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library duplicates0