Why have image galleries changed to links?
I created a gallery today (my 1st) and noticed the images in the gallery do not lay out horizontal small preview pictures anymore.
In the past you could select one of those images and it would overlay a larger version of itself on the page so it was legible.
Now I just see the words 'Watch Gallery'. Clicking the link navigates away from Kodi and back to the site it was created (imgur.com).
Is this intentional?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Do you mean in the wiki, or here in the forum. Can you link to page
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Imgur removed this feature some time ago unfortunately. Sad
@brazen1 could you please link me to the wiki article you are referring to?

I guess it would be better if one uploads the images to the wiki itself instead of using services like imgur.

Edit: assuming we are talking about the wiki, ofc Wink
@DaVu

I think he might be talking about this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2616287
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes, talking about this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2616287

Noticed all the previous galleries have changed to a link too.

Is there another free uploading host that will post the gallery like I'm describing instead of a link back to the host?

TIA.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I've also noticed if I'm using Internet Explorer browser 11 (latest with Windows 10), any gallery link on this site just shows the words 'Watch Gallery'. There are no images displayed here. Once you select the link which redirects to imgur.com, you will see the gallery.

If I use MS Edge browser, all galleries created with imgur show a low resolution image of the 1st image in the gallery which can be navigated using 'Next' or 'Previous'. Because it is low res, you will probably select the image and it redirects to imgur.com gallery. That may not be instinctive though.

Trying to determine if my browser is corrupted and is the culprit or this is now the new norm?
This happens on other computers using the same browser so I don't know if it's some funky network config either?

Would someone be kind enough to confirm or deny?

This thread relates to videos, but of a similar nature... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316099

I find that I have to use 3 browsers in this order as one browser won't handle every web page - Mozilla, IE 11 and MS Edge

I have always wondered if there is something going wrong with browsers and or web pages when you have to resort to different browsers for different pages.

But for your original question, sorry no I am not aware of another service that will do it.
My Signature
(2017-07-15, 01:25)Karellen Wrote: I have always wondered if there is something going wrong with browsers and or web pages when you have to resort to different browsers for different pages.

Exactly. Craigslist for example displays galleries correctly so you wouldn't think it was the IE browser. I understand they host on their own servers and Kodi doesn't so it's not really a comparison. I never really paid attention to any of the galleries here until I did my own. I just know I've seen them in the past and they used to work perfectly and now they don't using the same IE browser. This led me to think that perhaps back when this site was updated (April Fools) there was a correlation? For all I know it was a recent update to IE? Oh well, I guess it is what it is.

Thanks for the replies.

(2017-07-15, 00:45)brazen1 Wrote: Would someone be kind enough to confirm or deny?

(2017-07-13, 08:15)Hitcher Wrote: Imgur removed this feature some time ago unfortunately. Sad
Hi Hitcher.

I assume you mean the horizontal low res image gallery where you could select an image and it would overlay larger on the page like I've seen in the past.
The gallery feature itself is still very much alive. Imgur provides 'Albums'. These 'Albums' are given links to the group of images collected inside them. Kodi has an icon (the last one to the right) to 'add an image gallery from imgur' which is exactly what it does.

I don't understand why you say imgur removed the feature? The feature appears to be functioning but Kodi is not interpreting it and displaying it correctly from my limited observations. Especially various browser renditions, none of which lay it out as it once was. This isn't to say imgur didn't change something, just trying to understand using common sense as I'm no site designer.

Well all my Imgur albums were set to display in the Gallery style but they're no longer like that -

http://imgur.com/a/VUKAu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why have image galleries changed to links?0