Need Help with Fanart in folders
Hello my names Jon, I Have slight problem .

Some of my Fanart is downloading into Separate folders in my Hard-drives

Now Some Folder's When Scraped Nothing goes to them, however when I'am
in Krypton (Confluence Skin) and flipping threw my movies I Can See The
Fanart for the movies that it won't download into separate folders now why is that ?

Is their a way to fix this ?
Jon; I suspect a slight communication misalignment, so forgive my assumptions, and feel free to correct me.

Quote:Fanart is downloading into Separate folders
Kodi does that on a 'manual' export to separate files. Artwork Downloader will create folders like 'extrafanart' and 'extrathumbs' and fill them, they will be accessed if the skin supports it, and you activate this feature in settings for Artwork Downloader. Add-on:Artwork Downloader (wiki) if you have it installed.

The two methods of fetching artwork are independent of each other. Artwork Downloader pulls from numerous sources, while Kodi picks the artwork from the meta-data scraper source. Exporting your library to separate files will place all the artwork with the movies folder, in most cases, you can manually add to the library if there is artwork available. Artwork (wiki)

How did I do?
1st of i want to say thank you for the reply.

now i have Artwork Downloader Add-on Enabled and went to settings and made sure everythings checked
and its like i said it' finds and places extra fanart and thumbs for most Flims and place them in folders however
some films it don't do that and you can only see the thumbs or fanart when you scroll threw list to watch a flim

and you did fine lol
Ok I think I got the gist of this.

You only get art if it's available (naming the titles gets important here) Artwork Downloader does a wonderful job.

If you do see art, only when you scroll, it's likely the scraper has picked these images up, to put them into your folders, you will have to export your library to separate files.

If you don't see any artwork, it's possible there is no art available, (if you have proper meta-data, then it's likely there is no artwork available)
If you don't have proper meta-data (summary etc) then it's likely to be an incorrect name or you have some obscure title problem and the scrape is incorrect.. Naming video files/Movies (wiki)

Note: File mode or the 'Video' button is for maintaining your collection. The Movie button is looking at the library with all your covers and fanart.

The Wiki's make a wonderful pass time to browse.
um i think this is what you folks need to help me i hope i got it right

Here Link for log https://paste.ubuntu.com/25127065

Just to recap

A. Can only see Fanart /posters in KODI only

B. No Fanart / posters will download to seperate folders on my HDD with my movies
now i got bout 3,000 movies new and old now i can't belive every single one has no Fanart or posters
so something wrong
Just to be sure : did you set artwork downloader to use locale files and to replace existing artwork?

I think that if you do not do that, artwork downloader will only save artwork in the kodi thumbnail folder
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-07-19, 20:36)Gracus Wrote: Just to be sure : did you set artwork downloader to use locale files and to replace existing artwork?

I think that if you do not do that, artwork downloader will only save artwork in the kodi thumbnail folder

okay i will check that ...and see what happens
(2017-07-19, 20:36)Gracus Wrote: Just to be sure : did you set artwork downloader to use locale files and to replace existing artwork?

Well that sure heck didn't work........older version was much simpler vs this new kodi..but i still love this
Just check and it seems there is some issue with artwork downloader right now

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...3&page=184
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-07-19, 21:05)Gracus Wrote: Just check and it seems there is some issue with artwork downloader right now

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...3&page=184

Good lord almighty ! i might az well just forget about it ... because i can't make heads or tails out of that...I'am not trying to screw my pc up & be my luck i would so i quit while i am ahead.

thank for trying to help me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help with Fanart in folders0