Vorke V1 remote?
Not sure if this is the right area, however does anyone know what remote is compatible wiht the Vorke V1? I just ordered it and have a universal remote, so curious what "programming" would work with it and if anyone knows.

Thanks

JR
As the name implies "universal remote", perhaps it's truly universal. Most of these remotes fall into a few camps, with IR or Bluetooth functionality, some offer both and it looks like your box supports Blue Tooth out of the box. Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki) should make customising easy.
Usually setting a universal as a mce remote is a good start.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thanks. is it the infrared receiver that determines the remote codes or the software? so the vorke has a ir receiver,the device has windows 10, does the ir receiver just get the signal from the remote and whatever software is running reacts to the code? other than maybe putting the device in standby and on again which may be hardware specific? for reference vorke v1 currently doesn't come with or have a remote. they said they are working on it. So depending on the reply do i set the remote to use mce remote codes in general and kodi will work with it or do i need to do some kind of key mapping to remote codes somewhere?

thanks.

JR
I am sorry, I don't know enough about the hardware to answer that. What exactly does the Vorke have?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If it's the Vorke V1 remote then this is a question that I asked them with regards to being compatible with the Logitech Harmony, to which the reply was no.

When I asked whether other learning remotes were compatible, they were very sketchy but did say that there was an update coming that would allow additional support for the IR, although did not confirm exactly what this entailed.

They have their own website and support contact information, so worth asking directly.
The Vorke V1 is actually a decent box. Plays most things i throw at it.

I use mine with a Wireless BT keyboard and a BT keyboard/gryo remote I got on amazon.

Don't know about a universal remote, you would need someway to get to communicate with windows via a BT dongle or similar.

But I agree, posting this in HW is a better fit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vorke V1 remote?0