• 55(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
Thanks Jeroen for acknowledging my ideas. I fully understand that you don‘t want to include every possible feature, but keep the skin lean and mean.
Now that Grid is available on the official Kodi repository, i would like to share some info about how updates will happen from now on.

Official releases
With this I refer to versions made available through the official Kodi repository. The update frequency of these releases will be relatively low. Basically I will only submit a new version to the Kodi repository when it contains important changes or bugfixes. These releases will have been tested thoroughly.

• Addon ID
    skin.grid
  • Versioning
    These releases usually come with an updated major version number (eg 1.0.0) or updated minor version number (eg 1.1.0). The major version number only changes with every new official Kodi release (so official Krypton releases will always be 1.x.x, official Leia releases will always be 2.x.x). The minor version number will change with every update to the official release for that specific Kodi version.

Beta releases
These releases will be distributed through my repository add-on only. They will be updated more frequently than the official releases and are meant for testing purposes. As as result these will be more likely to contain bugs.
Important: Starting with the next beta update, the addon ID of the beta releases will be changed from skin.grid to skin.grid.kodiversion (eg. skin.grid.krypton and skin.grid.leia). As a result, it will be installed on your system as a separate skin if you also have the official release installed. Skin settings will not carry over from one to the other.

• Addon ID
    skin.grid.kodiversion
  • Versioning
    These releases usually come with an updated minor version (eg 1.1.0) or updated point version (eg 1.1.1). The minor version changes for new features or changes to existing functionality, the point version number will change for bugfixes.

Edit: oh, and first new beta release coming within days / week btw
I like this skin very much. I just installed it on my parent’s HTPC. They like it also. But one problem came up: how can I make the font size a little bit bigger and not in all caps style. I think it would be more user friendly. Thanks!
@Jeroen - there a way to delete gallery (extrafanart) images directly from Kodi without having to delete them from extrafanart folder?
(2017-10-22, 22:10)hidalgo67 Wrote: I like this skin very much. I just installed it on my parent’s HTPC. They like it also. But one problem came up: how can I make the font size a little bit bigger and not in all caps style. I think it would be more user friendly. Thanks!
You'll going to have to tweak the Fonts.xml file. It's pretty straight forward.

(2017-10-24, 08:23)VikkiXavier Wrote: @Jeroen - there a way to delete gallery (extrafanart) images directly from Kodi without having to delete them from extrafanart folder?
This is not a skin related question, but there's a setting for allowing renaming and deletion of files in Kodi's media settings.
@kjschultz08

Covenant is not a Kodi product. Please ask your question at the Covenant help desk.

As you have banned add-ons installed, you are ineligible for support here, regardless of the nature of your question. Read out Forum Rules
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Jeroen - next aired returns a blank page. why is this happening?
(2017-10-26, 07:19)VikkiXavier Wrote: @Jeroen - next aired returns a blank page. why is this happening?

Without any details, I have no clue whatsoever. It's working fine for me.
Love the theme, convinced me to move from Titan - much smoother on a RasPi3 that's for sure - it even seems to pass the WAF/GAF (Wife/girlfriend Acceptance Factor) which is always a plus!  A couple of queries, or perhaps suggestions:

- When viewing the full EPG/guide, in Titan when you press the 'back' button the first time it pops open the side bar.  This allows for changing of channel groups easily.  Pressing it a second time will then perform the back function.  Is something like this possible?  Does anyone have any suggestions for how I could add it easily if not?  Opening the sidebar in the EPG seems to be a little problematic, especially with the 'lingertime' option now being in days (rather than the previous minutes setting, allowing a small lingertime on the epg to allow you to press 'left' to open the sidebar easily) and as far as I can tell the advancedsettings options being deprecated anyway.

EDIT: It seems this 'hack' works for now, setting a lingertime of 30 minutes, allows pressing left on the EPG to pop open the sidebar easily, but seems to be deprecated in v18.

- Live TV with the mini-epg (I think this is the correct term) in Titan you can press left and right to move been channel groups easily to change the mini epg group/display.  I can't find a way to do this with Grid, without going back to the full EPG and eventually accessing the side/option bar.
(2017-10-27, 15:00)BVTbmhBxK43 Wrote: Love the theme, convinced me to move from Titan - much smoother on a RasPi3 that's for sure - it even seems to pass the WAF/GAF (Wife/girlfriend Acceptance Factor) which is always a plus!  A couple of queries, or perhaps suggestions:

- When viewing the full EPG/guide, in Titan when you press the 'back' button the first time it pops open the side bar.  This allows for changing of channel groups easily.  Pressing it a second time will then perform the back function.  Is something like this possible?  Does anyone have any suggestions for how I could add it easily if not?  Opening the sidebar in the EPG seems to be a little problematic, especially with the 'lingertime' option now being in days (rather than the previous minutes setting, allowing a small lingertime on the epg to allow you to press 'left' to open the sidebar easily) and as far as I can tell the advancedsettings options being deprecated anyway.

EDIT: It seems this 'hack' works for now, setting a lingertime of 30 minutes, allows pressing left on the EPG to pop open the sidebar easily, but seems to be deprecated in v18.

I'm not a PVR user so I will be the first to admit I'm not always sure about how some of the PVR stuff is intended. Also, will have to look into what has changed in v18 as I'm not really "in the loop" about this aspect of Kodi. Let me know how the above workaround works out for you.

Quote:- Live TV with the mini-epg (I think this is the correct term) in Titan you can press left and right to move been channel groups easily to change the mini epg group/display.  I can't find a way to do this with Grid, without going back to the full EPG and eventually accessing the side/option bar.
There's no way to do this in Grid currently. It seems like a useful feature though, I'll put it on my list to add.
(2017-10-27, 15:17)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-10-27, 15:00)BVTbmhBxK43 Wrote: Love the theme, convinced me to move from Titan - much smoother on a RasPi3 that's for sure - it even seems to pass the WAF/GAF (Wife/girlfriend Acceptance Factor) which is always a plus!  A couple of queries, or perhaps suggestions:

I'm not a PVR user so I will be the first to admit I'm not always sure about how some of the PVR stuff is intended. Also, will have to look into what has changed in v18 as I'm not really "in the loop" about this aspect of Kodi. Let me know how the above workaround works out for you.

Quote:- Live TV with the mini-epg (I think this is the correct term) in Titan you can press left and right to move been channel groups easily to change the mini epg group/display.  I can't find a way to do this with Grid, without going back to the full EPG and eventually accessing the side/option bar.
There's no way to do this in Grid currently. It seems like a useful feature though, I'll put it on my list to add.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<epg>
  <lingertime>30</lingertime>
</epg>
</advancedsettings>

The above seems to work for me, means you don't have to press 'left' through potentially hours or days worth of previous EPG data just to get to the sidebar.  Only downside, from reading other posts, is if you use a PVR plugin that allows replay based older shows (I'm using a Sat>IP box with TVHeadend, so no such problem).
[Moved]
(2017-10-27, 15:00)BVTbmhBxK43 Wrote: - When viewing the full EPG/guide, in Titan when you press the 'back' button the first time it pops open the side bar.  This allows for changing of channel groups easily.  Pressing it a second time will then perform the back function.  Is something like this possible?  Does anyone have any suggestions for how I could add it easily if not?  Opening the sidebar in the EPG seems to be a little problematic, especially with the 'lingertime' option now being in days (rather than the previous minutes setting, allowing a small lingertime on the epg to allow you to press 'left' to open the sidebar easily) and as far as I can tell the advancedsettings options being deprecated anyway.

With thanks to @joostzilla, would mapping a longpress to your back button (or any other for that matter) be a good solution? http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap...on_remotes
Hi there,
I'd like to begin with saying that I really love your skin, the minimalist approach.

I'm pretty new to kodi, and I'm not sure if this is an issue, a feature, or a problem between keyboard and a chair - buy when watching videos the bar on the top shows remaining time instead of elapsed, a little bit counter intuitive for me.

Can this be changed somehow?
(2017-10-29, 20:07)darmach Wrote: Hi there,
I'd like to begin with saying that I really love your skin, the minimalist approach.

I'm pretty new to kodi, and I'm not sure if this is an issue, a feature, or a problem between keyboard and a chair - buy when watching videos the bar on the top shows remaining time instead of elapsed, a little bit counter intuitive for me.

Can this be changed somehow?

Word on the street is this will be an user option in a future version. 😁
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10