• 64(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
Kodi crashes every time I install this skin. It gets to the home screen, tries to scan files, and then crashes. If I try to open Kodi again, it crashes before anything even appears on screen. Deleting Addons27.db lets me start Kodi again.

I am not seeing any error messages in my debug log.
(2018-01-22, 16:41)SkywalkerPD Wrote: When I select the Blur function I like the way the clock looks (no square) but the main menu is not blurred/transparant anymore?
Strange, nothing has been changed in the main menu for quite some time. Maybe some changes in colorbox have caused this to stop working. Will have to look into it, cheers

edit: yeah, when I roll back to an older version of colorbox the blur is working again. I'll have to check the changes in colorbox.

edit 2: Try clearing out *YOUR KODI PROFILE*/userdata/addon_data/colorbox . This solved it for me, and it is now working with the latest colorbox version again, no skin changes needed.

Quote:When I select a directory on my NAS, with let's say two subdirectories in it (seasons in this case) the subdirectory names don't show.
In what situation / scenario? For example when browsing your media, setting a background, etc? Can you post a screenshot?
(2018-01-23, 03:28)Megalith Wrote: Kodi crashes every time I install this skin. It gets to the home screen, tries to scan files, and then crashes. If I try to open Kodi again, it crashes before anything even appears on screen. Deleting Addons27.db lets me start Kodi again.

I am not seeing any error messages in my debug log.

Not sure what you expect me to say. Without a full debug log from right after the crash there is nothing I can do to even try to determine what is causing the crash.
A warning to everyone regularly pulling Grid builds from Github: the master branch has now been switched to the Leia codebase. Development is now focused on the Leia version, bugfixes will be ported to the Krypton version.
(2018-01-22, 08:32)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-01-21, 08:18)linesma Wrote: 1. When you switch to the Arial Font, you lose the highlighting of menu items on the home screen. I have rebooted the system and checked the settings in the "Skin Customization" section. Everything looks like the highlighting should work, but it doesn't. I noticed this problem on Windows, Linux, and Android installs. This behavior was present even before I fixed problem number 2.

I'll see if I can improve on this a bit but to be honest it will likely still be far from optimal. The Arial font is just very limited when it comes to different font weights. The only thing I can do is increase the size difference between unfocused and focused items.
Quote:2. The included Arial font will not display Thai, Korean, Japanese and English characters at the same time. Since my native language is English, I keep the Kodi program in English, but I have several Music Videos, and Music artists from Thailand, Korea and Japan. This was no problem, since I had a Uni-code Arial font that I could use. I just replaced the default one with it.
The Arial font is actually included with Kodi and not with the skin. If you have a version of the font that has advantages over the one being used my Kodi and it the font license permits it being used in Kodi I would recommend opening a Trac ticket to have it included.
Quote:If you would like to see some pictures of the project, you can find them here: Stereo-Pi
Very cool, nice job! 
Thank you for the response! It gave me something to think about and I greatly appreciate it.

1. Because of my situation, and American Ex-pat living in Thailand, I have been using the Arial font for quite a while now, and I was not aware of its limitations in regards to font weight. I have been trying to think of a solution that would fit in with theme. Would it be possible to allow "Block" highlighting as a "toggle-able" option on the home screen? What I mean by "block highlighting" is what happens when you go to the settings menu. The line is highlighted using a contrasting color. I am not a programmer, so I do not know how hard this would be to implement, or if it would fit in with the vision you have for your theme.

2. Unfortunately, the license of the font I use is not GPL compatible. I have not been able to find an Arial font that encompasses the complete Unicode standard that meets the terms of GPL licensing. I will keep looking!
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jeroen - really enjoying using Grid.

One small question - the "Blur effect" option in Settings / Visual Effects / Homescreen is greyed out/disabled. Using stable version 1.5.1 on Kodi 17.6.

I've also tried a clean install using Grid Beta 2.1.0 on Kodi 18 and see the same behaviour.

Are you aware of anything hat could cause this?

Many thanks
(2018-01-21, 08:18)linesma Wrote: Thank you for your hard work on this skin. I have been looking for a skin that I can customize for my "Stereo-Pi" project. I am using a 7" non-touchscreen display and the default skins for Kodi and OSMC are just unreadable at a distance. I know some of that is due to the small screen size, but even up close, the text size can be a little small. Your skin works awesome! The customization options are very thorough and easy to do.

I had only 2 issues with the skin.

1. When you switch to the Arial Font, you lose the highlighting of menu items on the home screen. I have rebooted the system and checked the settings in the "Skin Customization" section. Everything looks like the highlighting should work, but it doesn't. I noticed this problem on Windows, Linux, and Android installs. This behavior was present even before I fixed problem number 2.

2. The included Arial font will not display Thai, Korean, Japanese and English characters at the same time. Since my native language is English, I keep the Kodi program in English, but I have several Music Videos, and Music artists from Thailand, Korea and Japan. This was no problem, since I had a Uni-code Arial font that I could use. I just replaced the default one with it.

All that being said, Thank you again for this skin. I really like it, and am thinking of replacing the default skin with it on all of my Kodi installs!

If you would like to see some pictures of the project, you can find them here: Stereo-Pi
From the "-Pi" suffix in your project's name, I assume that you are running OSMC on top of Linux.
There are several Arial alternatives (lookalikes based on Arial) available : http://dry.sailingissues.com/linux-equiv...arial.htmlBeware that the official Unicode enhanced Arial type, Arial Unicode MS, that is mentioned on that page is not free.
I would start out with FreeSans which has very good Unicode coverage. It's downloadable from here : https://github.com/opensourcedesign/fonts and here : http://www.fontspace.com/gnu-freefont/freesans and many other places.
Freefont family homepage and downloads : https://www.gnu.org/software/freefont/ The Freefont family includes FreeMono, FreeSans, and FreeSerif.
Just trying to push you in the right direction.
EDIT: What I mean is that you have more than one option to help you with the first issue.
(2018-01-23, 14:44)berkhornet Wrote: Jeroen - really enjoying using Grid.

One small question - the "Blur effect" option in Settings / Visual Effects / Homescreen is greyed out/disabled. Using stable version 1.5.1 on Kodi 17.6.

I've also tried a clean install using Grid Beta 2.1.0 on Kodi 18 and see the same behaviour.

Many thanks

If the blur effect is greyed out you are likely either using the vertical menu (which doesn't use a blur effect), running Kodi on Android (where the blur effect is not possible) or you have animated backgrounds enabled (the blur effect is not available in that case)
(2018-01-22, 08:35)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-01-21, 23:14)Tired Dad Wrote: I have used this skin and love the look and feel for the most part as it's pretty clean.  If there is a way of making the font smaller, I'd be happy to try it.

My largest issue with the skin is that on my admittedly aged i3 system, it clocks in at taking 97% of the CPU processing power when starting up and updating the library, and remains at that 95%+ range for so long the system becomes unstable and Kodi crashes.  For comparison, the Titan skin tops out at 70% and start dropping after two minutes or so and does not crash (except at the end when I try to exit Kodi, but I've had that problem on multiple machines with multiple skins for many years).

This is on a Windows 10 machine with the latest updates.

Not sure what could be going on there to be honest. I am running Kodi / Grid on some older hardware too, and on an rPi2 and they show nowhere near such CPU usage. 
 My apologies for the late reply, and thanks for the input.  Maybe I'll just delete and restart.
(2018-01-23, 19:05)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-01-23, 14:44)berkhornet Wrote: Jeroen - really enjoying using Grid.

Many thanks

If the blur effect is greyed out you are likely either using the vertical menu (which doesn't use a blur effect), running Kodi on Android (where the blur effect is not possible) or you have animated backgrounds enabled (the blur effect is not available in that case)

Many thanks for the clarification. Understand it now
(2018-01-23, 08:22)Jeroen Wrote: A warning to everyone regularly pulling Grid builds from Github: the master branch has now been switched to the Leia codebase. Development is now focused on the Leia version, bugfixes will be ported to the Krypton version.
:
## Compatibility
Currently Grid is compatible with Kodi 17 Krypton and Kodi 18 Leia.
the 2018.01.23 commit that merges leia -> master contains a commit that seems to render the recent ChannelNumberLabel commits ineffective.
Once I revert the commit that renames DialogPVRGuideOSD.xml to DialogPVRChannelGuide.xml, then the ChannelNumberLabel changes were effective again.

The filename-change is probably necesary for leia, I understand. I am just sharing my findings, hoping that it leads to a solution.
[edit] ...a solution that doesn't involve me trying to maintain a grid.fork :/ [/edit]

-Cyril
I owe you a beer.
(2018-01-23, 07:44)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-01-22, 16:41)SkywalkerPD Wrote: When I select the Blur function I like the way the clock looks (no square) but the main menu is not blurred/transparant anymore?
Strange, nothing has been changed in the main menu for quite some time. Maybe some changes in colorbox have caused this to stop working. Will have to look into it, cheers

edit: yeah, when I roll back to an older version of colorbox the blur is working again. I'll have to check the changes in colorbox.

edit 2: Try clearing out *YOUR KODI PROFILE*/userdata/addon_data/colorbox . This solved it for me, and it is now working with the latest colorbox version again, no skin changes needed.
Quote:When I select a directory on my NAS, with let's say two subdirectories in it (seasons in this case) the subdirectory names don't show.
In what situation / scenario? For example when browsing your media, setting a background, etc? Can you post a screenshot? 
 Tried your suggestion to clear the colorbox userdata. Looks like that didn't fix it. After a restart of my Pi, the clock is still in a box.

With the NAS file selection. It looks like this. In the second picture there should be text. Like 'season 1' and 'season 2')

(2018-01-24, 03:33)53ri41 Wrote:
(2018-01-23, 08:22)Jeroen Wrote: A warning to everyone regularly pulling Grid builds from Github: the master branch has now been switched to the Leia codebase. Development is now focused on the Leia version, bugfixes will be ported to the Krypton version.
:
## Compatibility
Currently Grid is compatible with Kodi 17 Krypton and Kodi 18 Leia.
the 2018.01.23 commit that merges leia -> master contains a commit that seems to render the recent ChannelNumberLabel commits ineffective.
Once I revert the commit that renames DialogPVRGuideOSD.xml to DialogPVRChannelGuide.xml, then the ChannelNumberLabel changes were effective again.

The filename-change is probably necesary for leia, I understand. I am just sharing my findings, hoping that it leads to a solution.
[edit] ...a solution that doesn't involve me trying to maintain a grid.fork :/ [/edit]

-Cyril
I owe you a beer.

Yes, the name of that xml has changed in Leia. Main development takes place on the master branch, which is now Leia. There's a separate Krypton branch available you can pull from.
(2018-01-24, 12:16)SkywalkerPD Wrote: Tried your suggestion to clear the colorbox userdata. Looks like that didn't fix it. After a restart of my Pi, the clock is still in a box.
The blur effect is applied to the menu only.

Quote:With the NAS file selection. It looks like this. In the second picture there should be text. Like 'season 1' and 'season 2')
Weird, how do you have your sources configured? SMB? NFS?
(2018-01-24, 12:45)Jeroen Wrote:
(2018-01-24, 12:16)SkywalkerPD Wrote: Tried your suggestion to clear the colorbox userdata. Looks like that didn't fix it. After a restart of my Pi, the clock is still in a box.
The blur effect is applied to the menu only.
Quote:With the NAS file selection. It looks like this. In the second picture there should be text. Like 'season 1' and 'season 2')
Weird, how do you have your sources configured? SMB? NFS?  
Thnx for the quick reply Jeroen!

I use NFS sources. Tried switching back to my previous skin. (fuse-neue) There the directory names show like they should.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10