Aeon skin not working
I'm trying to use the latest version of the Aeon skin, Alpha 9a. However when i try to set the skin in XBMC i get an error message saying "Incompatible skin: We require skins of version 2.00 or higher". Any sollution to this? Or perhaps the problem lies in the skin itself?
the problem would lie in how you installed it would be my guess but with out a log file its just a guess
Yep, worked fine for me when I played around with it. But even though it's not perfect I just like PM3 better; I guess I'm used to it.
How i installed it? I simply copied the Aeon folder to the Skins folder. It worked fine on another machine with an older svn build. I can't find any reference to this in the xbmc.log file and since xbmc is running on another machine that i can't easily copy/paste and post from i can't post the log file.
If the other machine can run a WEB browser goto pastebin.com and slap the log in there. Without a log to troubleshoot you're really asking for blind guesses rather than educated assistance.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Sorry for the delay, I still have not got it working. It's a clean build of xbmc, and all I´ve done really is unpack Aeon into the skins folder. I posted a log on pastebin, here http://www.pastebin.org/23517.
Thankful for any advice, i´ve probably just missed something.
Prolly help If you were actually using aeon when you logged...
althekiller Wrote:Prolly help If you were actually using aeon when you logged...

Umm thats the point he can't use it Tongue

to be honest you probably exracted it wrong the path should be like this
/xbmc/skin/AEON/Skin.xml
you probably have
/xbmc/skin/Aeon_ALPHA9a/AEON/Skin.xml
Jezz_X Wrote:Umm thats the point he can't use it Tongue

to be honest you probably exracted it wrong the path should be like this
/xbmc/skin/AEON/Skin.xml
you probably have
/xbmc/skin/Aeon_ALPHA9a/AEON/Skin.xml

Yeah if that doesn't work, and everythignh LOOKS right, then what you will want to do is manually edit your settings file to default to Aeon, then start with logging so we can see what it says, then change it back.

To do this edit the "guisettings.xml" file in the UserData folder. Look for where it defines the Defaultskin and change it.
I've fixed it now, the files must somehow become corrupted during the extract process. It works great now, and when comparing the now working skin/AEON directory with the old i can see that some files have different sizes (Smaller sizes in the version that dosent work). Anyhow I must have screwed up the extract process, but it works now. Thanks for all the advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon skin not working0