Kodi 17 - Headphones in kodi, passthrough doesn't work, command?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamessuperfun Offline
Hi all. I'm trying to set up a USB headset to work in kodi. It is detected fine and I can play audio out of it. However, I was hoping to set up the passthrough to play through both my HDMI output and the USB headset. I'm running on LibreElec.

I've turned audio sync off, but I still can't make the "Passthrough" functionality work. It only plays out of the main device. This isn't too much of an issue if I can use Yatse's custom commands to switch between them easily. However, I'm struggling to find any way to change the output device with a command. Any ideas?
find quote
fritsch Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
Are you serious ? :-)

"Your most vocal users are not reflective of your userbase" J.M.
"Of course, they [XP Users and people with outdated hardware] need to tell the world about the kind of hero they are, and block innovation for everyone else because their decades old OS / hardware needs to work =p" nevcairiel (ffmpeg)
No Debug Log no issue.
find quote
Jamessuperfun Offline
(2017-07-14 12:40)fritsch Wrote:  Are you serious ? :-)

Yes, have I done something wrong/stupid?
find quote
fritsch Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
Passthrough means: send compressed audio to a device that is capable of decompressing and decoding it. It's a RAW audio stream consisting of IEC Frames.

Your headphone won't do anything with Passthrough-Audio. If you convince sending these bytes by force directly to it you will hear a whole lot of noise and nothing else.

In short: Passthrough only works in combination with a capable endpoint, e.g. an AVR.

"Of course, they [XP Users and people with outdated hardware] need to tell the world about the kind of hero they are, and block innovation for everyone else because their decades old OS / hardware needs to work =p" nevcairiel (ffmpeg)
No Debug Log no issue.
find quote
Jamessuperfun Offline
Ah, sorry about that!

Is there a way I can instruct Kodi to mirror the sound to another device, or a command I can use to switch between audio devices?
find quote
fritsch Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
A command exists via some json guisettings hack, please use the forum search for that.

Multi-audio is not supported by kodi. It can be easily done with pulseaudio, but is not supported in LibreELEC.

No Debug Log no issue.
find quote