PVR and Live TV
I'm a house bound amputee and only have an antenna to get television. I was hoping there might be someone who is an expert about this ...what is that least expensive and easiest to install and use and can you use any of the PVR packages with just an Antenna? Please respond...
ConfusedConfused
You don't say what OS. The simple answer is yes, all of the PVR backends will work happily with just an aerial connection, and will also scale to cable and satellite if those are options for you; most also work with IPTV streams, to the extent that they're available free-to-air.

What's easiest? That depends very much on what you're familiar with, and how much tweaking you're prepared/willing/able to do.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
In addition to your antenna, you will need some sort of hardware tuner device. These devices come in various forms and are needed to take the signal from the antenna and assemble it into a format that can be displayed.

Personally, I'm using a dual dvb-t tuner in the form of a pci card inside a windows machine, with windows media centre (wmc) as the pvr back end and serverwmc pvr addon for kodi.

That works for me, as it lets me record video on two channels simultaneously. Schedule conflicts will happen occasionally but in general the two tuners are sufficient.

As I mentioned earlier, tuners come in various different configurations and formats, eg.

- single, dual, quad tuner
- pci card, USB dongle, or standalone network-attached
- varying levels of support for different hardware, software, operating system etc.

Hard to say which is best for you without knowing more about your current setup, requirements and experience/ability level.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR and Live TV0