Tvheadend and MythTV at the same time. Possible?
So I recently setup Tvheadend on LibreELEC 8.0.2 after installing a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1250. I have all my OTA channels scanned and showing. Got the recording feature all sorted out. Now I am trying to figure out how to get the composite input mapped. Had one reply in another post that piping to iptv setting might work but pretty much came up with, from various searches, that Tvheadend wont show the composite input. MythTV on the other hand is said to show the composite input. Would it be possible to run both and just use MythTV for the composite? Or would it be better to redo the entire setup with MythTV?
Mythtv requires exclusive access to the tuner. But if it was you who was wanting to digitise your VHS tapes, you don't need pvr. A simple commandline will do it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That is all I am trying to accomplish. I was able to record with VLC from a Live USB but a 15 minute video was 5.5GB. Commandline would be fine. I thought I read that you could just /dev/video0 > video.mpg but have not tried. Sure there is some ffmpeg command too.
I'll see if I can remember.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend and MythTV at the same time. Possible?0