Solved TV Show not scraping
Good Day,

I'm having a dilly of a time getting the Muppet Show to scrape correctly.
The naming looks like this
Folder The Muppet Show
--------Folder The Muppet Show Season 1 (1976)
-----------files example: The Muppet Show s01e01

--------Folder The Muppet Show Season 2 (1977)
-----------files example: The Muppet Show s01e01

When adding files to season 1 I used the naming convention: The Muppet Show 1x01
Interestingly enough the order was all wonky, so citing user error, I renamed to The Muppet Show s01e01
Here's where it got really sideways.
After removing all the folders and files, cleaning the library, and re-adding the files, then scanning for new content I wound up with double entries for season 1, and nothing for season 2?

Usually when the metadata doesn't show up, renaming using a different pattern tends to work. Metadata shows up, and I can see the files with separate seasons just fine.
This time though, I get no Buenos.

Any Ideas? ( I would have attached Log File, but I can't attach file)

Windows 10 OS
Kodi 15.2 Git
Hello Skeauxsha

Not quite right... The episode naming convention is correct (The Muppet Show s01e01), but your directory layout is incorrect. See: http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_TV_shows

You need one TV Show directory. In this case it is The Muppet Show. Do not include the year because there is no year shown in the title here... http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=72476&lid=7

The Season directories are optional. If you must use them, then they are simply Season 1, Season 2 etc. Kodi ignores these.

So you should have something like this...

PHP Code:
\TV Show\The Muppet Show\
                     |
_ The Muppet Show S01E01

|_ The Muppet Show S01E02

|_ The Muppet Show S02E01

|_ The Muppet Show S02E02 

Are your files single episode files like mkv or mp4? or are they in DVD or Bluray disc format?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Karellen Hello,

The files are DVD copied (for back-up) using DVDfab 10. They are not compressed .mkv, or .mp4 files. They are in fact folders with Audio_TS and Video_TS contained within.
I have had great success 99% using:
PHP Code:
TV Shows A H\Bewitched (1964)\Bewitched Season 1 (1964)\
                                                         |
_bewitched 1x01

|_bewitched 1x02

|_bewitched 1x03 
and so on like that.
Every TV Show so far would library update with the correct information Star Trek, Bewitched, Gilligan's Island, has worked this way except The Muppet Show. Initially I used the same convention as above with The Muppet Show, but got less than good results.
I looked at IMDB and they use a comma S1, Ep01, however that's no good, so I attempted to see how the TVDB wants them, and wasn't able to find naming info. So I did look into the TVDB for naming (The link you sent).
So I tried The Muppet Show S01E01 name hoping for a different result. No Dice.

That's when I decided to sent out the Bat-Signal
What you have done with your Bewitched is correct.

The TV Show is correct, although the year is not needed as it is not shown at TVDB. Just be aware of that. It will work 9/10 times, but that one time will send you nuts trying to figure out why it does not work. Look at these examples...

No Year... http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=71173&lid=7
With Year... http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=73545&lid=7

The reason the second example has a year, is because there was already a Battlestar Galactica listed at the site. So to avoid confusion, the unique show does not use a year. When a remake or same name show is added, the year is used to differentiate the two shows.

The \Bewitched Season 1 (1964)\ is completely ignored by Kodi. That is only there to make you comfortable Smile

The Episode names are correct. The 1x01 is one of the accepted naming conventions for Kodi.

The naming conventions are created by and specific to Kodi. IMDB, TMDB and TVDB don't care about our naming conventions.

In your first post I read your directory structure for the two seasons as being completely separate to each other. So, do those two seasons sit in one folder named The Muppet Show?

Did you get it working with the way I suggested? Remember to delete it from the Library (don't delete the files) then re-scrape.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Karellen - I sure do thank you walking me through this one for certain.

Screenshots would be handy right about now.

KODI rocks the block no doubt about it, but every now and then... Smile Meh... Tech happens.
Yessir, those two seasons sit in one folder named The Muppet Show.

At this time I have closed KODI, moved the entire contents of The Muppet Show to the Desktop.
using SQllite edited MyVideos93.db to delete Muppet Show record. Re-opened KODI, wait for library update. Open KODI Maintenence. Clean videos library, delete TMShow on the prompt. TMShow cleaned. Close KODI.

Copy TMShow (without dates) back into original directory. Open KODI --- same result.

Interestingly, in KODI - TV Shows - it sees only season one, but not season two.
In KODI Season one, using Media info 3 view (or any view) it actually shows a double entry for every Season one episode: 1x01. Juliet Prowse and so on.

I dunno, it's a head scratcher for certain.
No problems. It is a quite day here.

Quote:At this time I have closed KODI, moved the entire contents of The Muppet Show to the Desktop.
using SQllite edited MyVideos93.db to delete Muppet Show record. Re-opened KODI, wait for library update. Open KODI Maintenence. Clean videos library, delete TMShow on the prompt. TMShow cleaned. Close KODI.
If you are quite comfortable with SQL relational databases, then no problems... but if you are just taking a stab in the dark with the above, then I have to admit this is a bit of a concern... The removal of the files from the Kodi Source and running a Clean Database should be enough...

Also, you are still using v15.x Ever thought of upgrading? Not suggesting that is the cause of the issue... just asking Smile

I tested on my system. Used TVDB and DVD Order. My Source in Kodi is "TV Shows 1". It scraped all 24 episodes first time.

https://ibb.co/bs31Ua
https://ibb.co/b55RvF
My Signature
Bangarang!!!
We have a winner!!
I was using Absolute Ordering (Single Season)
Ticking the Selected folder contains a single TV show
and Ticking Use DVD Order. Then checking each folder was the same.
The Devil is always in the details.
It's working!!!

Dang I been banging on this for two days now. W00t!!! \nn/ \nn/ Yes! Yes! Yes!!!

Karellen you're brilliant mate! I owe you one!
Thank you. Glad we got it sorted out. Smile
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show not scraping0