HD Homerun question
Could anyone explain how one can record Pay channels in Kodi if they have a working Cable Card?
You can't. Only Windows Media Center can record protected channels.
thanks -

I have WMC on two PC's in the house.

Can Kodi work with WMC in any way?

Or do I have to keep the systems separate?
Only WMC can play back protected recordings.
(2017-07-16, 16:55)rpcameron Wrote: You can't. Only Windows Media Center can record protected channels.

I am running HD Homerun and I can record encrypted channels just fine together with a Phoenix smartmouse and DVBLogic. Or is that a different matter?
Encryption is different than DRM/CCI-flags. The Prime decrypts the cable signal on the device and outputs an unencrypted stream. However, channels flagged cci-once and cci-never (or in other words, DRM) can only be presented on a fully HDCP-compliant protected pathway. For recording TV on a computer, this essentially means WMC, as no other PVR software has this pathway.
Clear! Thank you for the clarification. And I do believe I did hear that before.
(2017-07-16, 17:25)rgraham1 Wrote: thanks -

I have WMC on two PC's in the house.

Can Kodi work with WMC in any way?

Or do I have to keep the systems separate?

Works fine with channels flagged copy-free and that's how I use it, along with serverWMC and the pvr.wmc plugin. When I want to watch the channels flagged copy-once, I use the advanced launcher plugin to run WMC. Not perfect, but it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Homerun question0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.