HD Homerun question
Could anyone explain how one can record Pay channels in Kodi if they have a working Cable Card?
You can't. Only Windows Media Center can record protected channels.
thanks -

I have WMC on two PC's in the house.

Can Kodi work with WMC in any way?

Or do I have to keep the systems separate?
Only WMC can play back protected recordings.
(2017-07-16, 16:55)rpcameron Wrote: You can't. Only Windows Media Center can record protected channels.

I am running HD Homerun and I can record encrypted channels just fine together with a Phoenix smartmouse and DVBLogic. Or is that a different matter?
Encryption is different than DRM/CCI-flags. The Prime decrypts the cable signal on the device and outputs an unencrypted stream. However, channels flagged cci-once and cci-never (or in other words, DRM) can only be presented on a fully HDCP-compliant protected pathway. For recording TV on a computer, this essentially means WMC, as no other PVR software has this pathway.
Clear! Thank you for the clarification. And I do believe I did hear that before.
(2017-07-16, 17:25)rgraham1 Wrote: thanks -

I have WMC on two PC's in the house.

Can Kodi work with WMC in any way?

Or do I have to keep the systems separate?

Works fine with channels flagged copy-free and that's how I use it, along with serverWMC and the pvr.wmc plugin. When I want to watch the channels flagged copy-once, I use the advanced launcher plugin to run WMC. Not perfect, but it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Homerun question0