Win Feature Request - 2 Column List View
Would it be possible to include a double column list view like the one used in the WDTV Live media player? See an image here. I believe that this list type is the most efficient for quick browsing as it uses the entire screen and the fan art and info is only displayed on demand (which may also save on system resources?).
I'm new to KODI (my WDTV Live is rapidly becoming obsolete) and want a minimalist skin (not a big fan of eye candy) with as many user driven options as possible. From my minimal experience with coding I do appreciate how much blood, sweat and tears go into any project and fully understand if this request is considered to be of little value.
Thank you,
Clive
PS If it's possible to learn how to do this request and you'd be interested in mentoring me I'd be happy to put in the time.
Hahahahaha sorry I have to troll a little... you have asked for this all over the threads. Try skin development next for real... Take photoshop and get a skin concept and see if someone want to pick it up.

Or you can check out the wiki and read the pages on pages of material on how to skin. If you do decide to mod a skin and go this route the skining Manuel will be the place to figure out how it all works... Don't be afraid to mess anything up because it will happen just start simple moving things around the screen.

I personally am not sure what the wdtv looks like I don't have one to look at and I am to lazy to look it up.

But you of course this can be done if you take the time to do it

http://kodi.wiki/view/Skin_development

That a good place to start reading.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
@smitchell6879
Quote:Hahahahaha sorry I have to troll a little...
Thanks for the ever so gentle troll and the link to the tutorial. I did include a link - see the quote:
Quote:See an image here.
Sorry I missed the link... Which skin do u want to add this to.. I believe it is possible it may take a little extra to get it working but I think I could be done.

Pick a skin and I will try to help you mod it as I get some free time.

Key word is you will mod it. If you really want this .
@smitchell6879
Thanks for generous offer of (some of) your free time. I'm playing with Titan at the moment so that would be my choice. However if you think that there's a skin with more potential for customization I'd be prepared to go with that. Or whichever skin you use. You may be more comfortable with something that you have a fair amount of familiarity with. I do prefer the 2 column view and as it would be a self paced project where I will learn something new along the way it won't matter to me if progress is slow. Therefore if we do,mutually, decide to proceed I would take your lead as to how much time you give and when you could give it. Would you suggest I start with that skinning page that you linked to for me?
The skin you choose it total up to you as you will be the one using it.. me myself perfer the icon wall views. And right now I am between skin ideas as you can see in my signature I have been working on my own. I really just started learning in December so if you put the time it this is something you can learn.

So pick a skin and get a good text editor I like notepad plus plus but a lot of the gurus around here like sublime

Also need to know which version of Kodi you are using.
OK - I'll stick with Titan. I'm on Krypton 17.3. I'll work through the tutorials you directed me to and then I'll post again (a month or two I s'pose depending on how much time I can put into it).
Sent you a pm I honestly will help you. Shouldnt take long to get the overall look it may take a month to polish it up to be exactly what you want.

I will be waiting for the email

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request - 2 Column List View0