v17 Hangs when scanning cuesheets into library
First one is kodi.log second is kodi.old.log Got them from the same place as before. Should I try to add the music source and scan again till it locks up? If it does lock up which log do you want?
Ok. Understand now. The below explains the difference between the two...

Quote:Be aware that the Logs are only "Session Logs" The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the kodi.log is cleared, and you start again. A new Kodi.log is created. The kodi.log that was there is renamed to kodi.old.log and the existing kodi.old.log is deleted. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

You need to run the debugging mode again and replicate the crash, and upload the log using one of these two methods...
1. If you are going to restart Kodi to use the uploader app, you need to upload kodi.old.log
2. Before restarting, you can manually copy and paste the contents of the kodi.log to a pastebin site

But those logs are showing only about 2 seconds worth of data. It hasn't even completed the start process... so there is nothing to see. You need to capture the problem while the debug log is recording/enabled. If you can only reproduce the problem, while scraping music, then that is what you have to do. Add back the music source.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Music 
OK, thanks for that info. Here is the log from my second computer with KODI on it, it stopped at the same point in the process.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/25123199/

So are .cue files a problem similar to .rar files?
Right, so the hang occurs during scanning the music files (including cuehseets), nothing to do with scrapers. I'm going to edit the thread title to make that clearer.
(2017-07-19, 06:00)Uncle Dave Wrote: So are .cue files a problem similar to .rar files?
No, Kodi processes cuesheets to split things into tracks if you have all the music from an album in one file. Although, to be honest, I would recommend using accurately tagged separate music files per track to anyone about to rip their music rather than the outdated all-in-one approach.

However from the log here are clearly issues with where your cuesheets are located releative to the file that they describe, and also with what the cuesheets contain.

Can you provide an example of a cuesheet, and what format the music is held (FLAC, WAV, mp3 etc.) ? Also describe the folder hierarchy you use - where is the .cue is located relative to the music file?

EDIT:
Of course that is all presuming that you have taken the all-in-one file approach, and that the cue sheets aren't just unnecessary junk cluttering up your music folders. Point Kodi at something containing .cue files and it tries to decode them.
When I see that in the log:

Code:
19:52:09.615 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\01 O Come All Ye Faithful.wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.616 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\02 Angels We Have Heard On High.wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.616 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\03 Emmanuel [Hallowed Manger Ground].wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.617 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\04 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing.wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.618 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\05 My Soul Magnifies The Lord.wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.619 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\06 Joy To The World [Unspeakable Joy].wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.620 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\07 Glory In The Highest.wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.620 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\08 O, Holy Night.wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.621 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\09 Come Thou Long Expected Jesus.wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.621 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\10 Light Of The World.wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.622 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\11 Winter Snow.wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?
19:52:09.622 T:3584   ERROR: Could not find 'D:\Music\50 Christmas Albums (FLAC)\Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest\12 Born That We May Have Life.wav' referenced in cue, case sensitivity issue?

I suspect he got cuesheet even if he has one file per track
Moanbag is in da place!
or the cuesheet is "broken" case sensitivity issue?

can you open the .cue from Chris Tomlin - Glory In The Highest with notpad or someting similar and post the content here?
Music 
So, what I see is the /cue shows .wav and the music files are .flac If these .cue sheets are causing problems should they be deleted? The cue sheets are in the same folder as the music files.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25125448/
since you have (I guess here) 12 .flac files in your folder you dont need the cue

you only need a cue file if you have one big file
Code:
FILE "Chris Tomlin - 2009 - Glory In The Highest [FLAC]\02 Angels We Have Heard On High.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

INDEX 01 00:00:00
shows kodi or any other player where the track starts normally it looks like INDEX 01 00:04:23

so yes if you have more than on file in the folder you can delete the cue and your issue should be solved
Music 
Thanks meowmoo, I will delete the cue files as my music files are separate files not the one big file. Then I will try scanning again and see how it goes!
(2017-07-19, 15:18)Uncle Dave Wrote: So, what I see is the /cue shows .wav and the music files are .flac If these .cue sheets are causing problems should they be deleted? The cue sheets are in the same folder as the music files.
It depends what the music files contain. Does each .flac file contain one track or many? I would guess from the log one track each, but how did you create them? If that is the case then yes the .cue files are a distraction that uis confusing Kodi, remove them.

But have you also fully and accurately tagged your music files? EAC (mentioned as the tool that created the .cue files so maybe what was used to rip the music?) can create tags as it rips but it depends on how you configure it. Since it craeted the .cue, I suspect that you may not have configured tagging adequately. Anyway I would recommend using tagging tools like Mp3tag or Picard to edit/add these tags after you have ripped them with EAC. It is the embedded tags that Kodi uses to create the library - see guides and wiki.
Music 
Thanks DaveBlake, I think there is a lot of work for me to do on my music files. I have used Mp3tag before on these files, however they probably need to be gone through again.
If you are about to re-tag your music collection, maybe you should MusicBrainzPicard and take advantage of Kodi's ability to read Picard tags... https://picard.musicbrainz.org/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Music 
Thank you to all that helped me with my library scanning issues, I have been successful in scanning all of my music files. The real culprits have been stray .rar files, .cue files and a couple of other weird extension named files that were contained within my music library.

Karellen, thank you for the musicbrainz link. I will check it out, hopefully there is some way to automate tagging files as it would probably take years to tag them all using Mp3tag.

Cheers,
David.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hangs when scanning cuesheets into library0