Cannot connect to my server through SMB
I installed Kodi 17.3 on my parents Firestick (1st Gen) so they can watch all the videos I have stored on the PC in the den. Normally, I would do this by adding an SMB source in Kodi, but I don't seem to be able to get that working.
As first, I could not connect to anything through SMB, so I used regedit to edit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\IRPStackSize (as was suggested in many threads).

This worked.... sort of.
Now I can see all of the computers on the network and I can access all of the shares... except for the one PC I actually want to connect to. When I try to select that computer's share, I get a message saying "Error - Connection Timed Out".
I also saw some people saying that installing Kodi 16.1 and setting up the SMB share and then installing Krypton over top would solve the issue. This did not help either. I get the same error in 16.1 as well.

Been messing with this for 3 hours now, so I decided it's time to call in the pros. What the heck am I missing?

EDIT - I should probably mention that I'm able to access the share of the "suspect" PC from every other PC in the house with no issues. All PCs running Windows 10.
Also made sure SMBv1 was enabled on my PC, as suggested in a few posts, but still no dice.

Log file, in case it helps: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25114298/
Another update.
I recently found this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308054
I'm guessing this bug was fixed in 17.3 because the .kodi and .smb folders are both in the same directory. I did notice the last part about NETBIOS being enabled. This is the only other thing I've found to even try, but I don't know how to enable it.
Would it even make a difference, since I can see the other PCs on the network?

Please help. This is making me nuts.
This just keeps getting weirder. I was able to figure out how to enable NETBIOS in my Windows settings and then I was able to access my share and add the video folder as a source in file manager.

Unfortunately, I then went to add the folders (TV and Movies) as sources in Kodi and now I can't see anything when I try to add a source via SMB. When I click on SMB I now get an empty directory. I'm able to add the folders manually, but I still can't see them with browse and I used to be able to.

This is absolutely infuriating.
(2017-07-18, 01:20)dkplayaclub Wrote: Unfortunately, I then went to add the folders (TV and Movies) as sources in Kodi and now I can't see anything when I try to add a source via SMB. When I click on SMB I now get an empty directory. I'm able to add the folders manually, but I still can't see them with browse and I used to be able to.

Just guessing, but could be an NTFS permissions issue. If you're accessing the share anonymously, then you need to add "Everyone" to the permissions for the files you're sharing.
i think in 17.3 the smb share directory shows empty, it happend to me on all my kodi devices but could still add server with the server name. either that or it was a windows 10 update which affects the sharing machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot connect to my server through SMB0