Win Force Fullscreen number on startup
In Settings>System>Display, under Display Mode: I'd like a "Startup Kodi as ... Fullscreen #2" option! To help with HDMI handshake issues forcing playback to display #1. (tested with Krypton 17.3)

From my Win10 GTX970, Display 1 is my PC's Asus monitor, and Display 2 is an HDMI running through a Sony STR-DH750 AVR into a 3D supported HDMI splitter, to my daily BenQ 55" 1080p and my movie Optoma HD26 3D 1080p. Whenever I turn on my Optoma and Kodi is already running, the handshake bumps Kodi back to display #1. I can wait/say no to "Keep this change", but if I play and stop some media, it will drop back to 1. Back in Settings>System>Display>Display Mode, the menu entry still says Fullscreen #2, and you can't select 1, it waits a moment before changing the number back to 2...still showing this on display #1! So I have to restart Kodi, then go back in the menu and reset the setting to Fullscreen #2.

I used the trick putting advancedsettings.xml in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata"
(for me, %AppData path maybe for you)
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videoscreen>
        <screen>1</screen>
    </videoscreen>
</advancedsettings>
and the fix works with Krypton so far. The only problem is that Display Mode line option is now gone!

I know there's a tape fix for HDMI pin-19 but I don't want to jam tape into my expensive setup, so...
Please create an option to have Kodi start fullscreen on monitor 2 (or whichever!) every time it starts.

Thank you!
Founder, Producer at Techspin. Setup: i3-12100 PRO B660-A 8GB DDR4 | Kodi version updated, not sure
| Sony STR-AN1000 7.2 1155W 8K Atmos AVR | Samsung 65" 4K | Optoma HD26 3D + 100" screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force Fullscreen number on startup0