No Audio With WMVs
Running 720p/1080p hd wmv's. Sound out is 5.1 (I think) but I'm running plane jane speakers on my tv. I'm not having trouble with any other format but wmv. Haven't tried low res wmvs b/c I don't have them.

Sorry for the long pastebin, I've been letting it run while I debug. As you can see the movies have to do with a) spartans, and b) a wookie groomer star wars compilation

http://pastebin.ca/936261
Let me update that - it's giving me error on that wookie groomer mkv too. It looks like it's a problem with all of my 5.1 vids. I've tried switching up my audio hardware to digital and analog with no difference
unsupported audio codec. probably some wma 5.1, which isn't supported by libavcodec at the moment.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have no acces to my WMA lossless for now but is that supported ?
Could be an idea to try just WMA lossless.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Codec_and_Format_requests

XBMC uses FFmpeg, if FFmpeg does not support it then XBMC do not support it.
I haven't had any 5.1 files working with the recent SDL uploads. So it may not be a wmv thing.
cheers,

crazyivan
AC3 and dts are disabled in the current build. They'll be activated in the next build (or do it by yourself by changing system.h)
Ahh, that's good to know. I thought there was some horrible failure on my part.

I can wait for the next build. It's been a long time since compiled something without emerge.

Any eta by chance?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio With WMVs0