Help - Bluray iso naming
I have my bluray collection and it needs renaming on ISO's eventually I'll want to rename my dvd's and standard video files.

I Know the naming should be something like 'Name (Year).3D.Format'
And non 3D monies shouldn't have 2D in there name

Eg: 'Alice in Wonderland (2010).3D.5.1 DTS-HD.iso'

But the thing is I have currently 70 movies and I'll have more later.

I tried various renamers filebot got me to 'Moviename (Year)' from scraping but everything else in the names were lost on my collection.

I do want the Audio format as I have a PS3 I can play 2D/3D DTS-MA and only 2D TrueHD (no 3D TrueHD support due to HDMi specs)
So for 3D 7.1 TrueHD I want to identify those files and play them separately from my PS3 on my media computer.

So whats a easy way to rename my iso files than doing it by hand for every movie?
I would probably create some PHP rename tool and get the video metadata info from the Kodi MySQL video database. I don't know of any such video rename tool. On the other hand, 70 movies isn't _that_ many. If it were 700, then I'd be worried a bit more Smile
Maybe TheRenamer? It's a program that keeps being mentioned (that i have never used).
filebot
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:I Know the naming should be something like 'Name (Year).3D.Format'
And non 3D monies shouldn't have 2D in there name
Not really. You don't need to add any file tagging to the filename. You could just name it Name (Year).ext. Kodi will pick up on the formats when you first play the movie.

But yes, there are skins that take advantage of the filename tagging and give you a pretty icon on your movie dispalay. Is that why you are trying to rename them to that format?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help - Bluray iso naming0