v17 Upgrade or purchase
I'm fairly new to android boxes and have a question that I'm hoping can be answered simply.
! bought an android box 1-2 years ago. I have been watching it without problem until recently. I do know an upgrade is needed and so, I did so. I have an MQX Kitkat 4.4.4/2 - not sure which, but I used My Gica to install the program.
My problem is, that it is choppy. Is there a fix for that or is it just something that will remain as long as I have the older box.
If this problem can not b resolved and it's suggested I purchase a new box, what would be suggested.
I have looked on Amazon.ca for newer boxes and there are so many to choose from. So,
1) MQX Kitkat fixable to have a proper run of the programs?
2) If not fixable, which upgrade is suggested.

Thankyou for answering my questions and guiding me in the right direction.
Hello Skylar Night,

Quote:My problem is, that it is choppy
What is choppy? What are your video sources- local hard drive, network storage or internet via an add-on. If it is an add-on, which ones are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That MXQ device very likely uses an AMLogic S805 / S8xx chipset. As such it is still pretty damn Kodi Krypton capable with the right software such as:

LibreELEC 8.0 for Amlogic S805 devices.

LibreELEC includes Kodi Krypton, it can be run from a microSDHC card.

With that box i would definately drop android and go with wrxtasy's suggestion. You can leave android sitting on internal memory while booting from sdhc..

Best thing that ever happened for these so-so boxes!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade or purchase0