Support for Tellybean
Dear All,
Does Kodi have support for Tellybean? I understand that this is the only application available for video calling on Smart TV. Skype has withdrawn support for Smart TV.
I am looking at option to convert a non smart LED TV into a smart TV using Raspberry PI 3 B with Kodi loaded on that. If Tellybean with USB support can be an Add on Program from within the Kodi shell, that would be great !!!

Understand that Tellybean currently runs on Android and Android doesnt have support for USB Web cams like Logitec C270 WebCam.
Need help here please.

Venkatesh
A htpc application for watching videos and/or play music, and a video conference application with webcam support have very little common ground. I'm fairly sure that Kodi itself is not planning to deviate from the path it has been on for so many years already.

I'm afraid you will have to find another solution for your video call problem. Perhaps Ubuntu Mate or OSMC will have more appropriate video calling software available.
Does Tellybean run on raspberry pi? If not, it probably isn't going to run on kodi on raspberry pi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-07-19, 09:25)Klojum Wrote: A htpc application for watching videos and/or play music, and a video conference application with webcam support have very little common ground. I'm fairly sure that Kodi itself is not planning to deviate from the path it has been on for so many years already.

I'm afraid you will have to find another solution for your video call problem. Perhaps Ubuntu Mate or OSMC will have more appropriate video calling software available.

Not sure I share your logic, the op is requesting addon support... I don't see any harm in the request.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
An ip telephony/vid app is entirely appropriate as an addon.

From my brief look tellybean runs in a browser so chrome launcher might be an option.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your inputs guys!! Idea behind the question is to make a multi featured smart tv using existing apps on the market. Currently, i understand Jellybean is the only video conferencing app on the market after skype has stopped supporting smart tv platforms. I'm new to Raspberry pi and would like to gain experience by first using available apps on the market.will read further based on nickr's inputsBlush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for Tellybean0