Most simple stable os for raspberry Pi3 ?
(2017-08-21, 10:24)Klojum Wrote: That will probably depend on the video's bitrate. So it will vary.
But plenty of videos make a RPi go to 95+ percent and the video will play fine.

of course, but lets say a bluray 1080p 24hz in general,
Just checked: CPU load in VC1 and H264 1080p Blurays is around 15-25%.
How to check GPU load?
My reading on google tells me that you can't.

cpu load can be told via top, htop or uptime (via ssh)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
yepp, Ive read the same, tried jellyfish samples, I get some jerky video @ around 80mbps, 70mbps plays fine.
RPi3 with latest stable Openelec. all stock settings regarding sound and video..
So I guess a "normal" bluray 24hz @45-50mbps should be safe...

But what I dont know(if it makes some difference?), what player(mmal or omxplayer) in accelaration should I choose, read a bit about it o few times but only get more confused the more i read.... can i Have BOTH enebled?
Yes bluray is perfectly fine with raspberry pi, there is no doubt about it.

Acceleration settings, I am unsure.

By the way if you want support, upgrade to libreelec. openelec is as good as dead.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
sorry, I have Libreelec of course, its the latetest stable 17.3 Smile

I will try each setting for acceleration, just want to know if I can leave both ON..
(2017-08-22, 09:39)hundrakg Wrote: But what I dont know(if it makes some difference?), what player(mmal or omxplayer) in accelaration should I choose, read a bit about it o few times but only get more confused the more i read.... can i Have BOTH enebled?

Leaving acceleration on default settings is recommended. Just mmal enabled for Pi2/Pi3. mmal and omxplayer enabled for PI0/Pi1).

omxplayer has less functionality so is not recommended for Pi2/Pi3.
omxplayer has lower arm cpu which is valuable on Pi0/Pi1, but the difference is negligible on the more powerful Pi2/Pi3.
thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most simple stable os for raspberry Pi3 ?0