FlashVideo in a website
Is it possible to create a AddOn that can use/show a flashvideo that is embeded in a website?
In general the suppor flash is decreasing because of security reasons. That is why I am asking. Is there a "flash player" on board of a KODI (e.g. with LibreELEC)?

I am planing to write an (legal!) AddOn for JSTV (you will need an account to check it out). But JSTV still use flash-videos on their websites.
Yes Kodi can play flash streams
Kodi upto Jarvis had librtmp (included) to do this
Will work on Kodi Krypton and above if inputstream.rtmp is enabled.
It supports rtmp rtmpe rtmps rtmpt, but not rtmpf
Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Source being legal or not the plugin will not be allowed in the Official repository if you can not parse the video links directly from the website or its endpoints. You'll find most of the time flash video is well hidden behind javascripts... making link discovery complex.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Just for my understanding: When the URL to the video is encrypted or behind java-script we assume that the content provider doesn't won't external software (e.g. a KODI AddOn) to use it? It that case it is not allowed in the offical repos?
Kodi's policy is if it's accessable via a internet browser and you are not bypassing Geo locks, ad services or drm protection it's allowed.

All media must originate from the website, meaning you can not include arbitrary rtmp links.

Those links must be resolved via the website.
Sent from my SM-G935T
Then I don't understand why you wrote this AddOn would never be accepted in the official repos.
Btw, by flash vidoes, rtmp streams are in discussion?
Nevermind: Read it again, and it is rtmp, its hard to read on mobile phone Smile
Sorry, I don't understand your last post. "rtmp" was mentioned by gujal in the first answer here. But I don't know the diffs between rtpmp and the others. I only know "Flash": Smile

Maybe this source is helpfull? There is a "f4m" file.

Code:
        <div id="player">
            <object width="670" height="434" id="StrobeMediaPlayback" name="StrobeMediaPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000">
                <param name="movie" value="player/JSTVPlayer.swf">
                <param name="quality" value="high">
                <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true">
                <param id="flashVarSrc" name="flashvars" value="&amp;config=playerconfig.do&amp;src=http://hdslevel3.jstv-i.tv/jstv1.f4m&amp;backgroundUrl=player/playerskin/skins/jstv/player_background.jpg&amp;pathToSkins=player/playerskin/&amp;auto=true&amp;is_popout=true">
                <embed id="embedVarSrc" src="player/JSTVPlayer.swf" width="670" height="434" quality="high" name="StrobeMediaPlayback" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="&amp;config=playerconfig.do&amp;src=http://hdslevel3.jstv-i.tv/jstv1.f4m&amp;backgroundUrl=player/playerskin/skins/jstv/player_background.jpg&amp;pathToSkins=player/playerskin/&amp;auto=true&amp;is_popout=true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

</object>
        </div>
Flash can play a wide range of stream types,

commonly
flv streams (licensed by adobe), for VOD streams, kodi player (ffmpeg) can play directly
rtmp streams (licensed by adobe) for live streams, and it actually is a protocol rather then a file type like flv, kodi player (ffpmpeg) can stream it.
f4m stream (aka HDS streams) is advanced form of live streaming still licensed by Adobe, kodi player can not directly play it.

There are some proxy solutions but generally those solutions end up to the places where banned addons live. Because HDS streaming allows broadcaster to protect their streams, and it is costly, if the stream is HDS generally it is a paid service, you can connect the dots i think.

I have no idea what JSTV is btw.
(2017-07-21, 11:58)buhtz Wrote: Then I don't understand why you wrote this AddOn would never be accepted in the official repos.
Hm? I don't follow... Add-on I wrote?

Sent from my SM-G935T
Thanks for explanation. Now I understand.
JSTV offers japanes TV content (most from NHK, legaly licenced) to its paying customers. I pay and have an account.

Normaly I use the webbrowser (firefox, opera), loggin in and watch the stream.

So I don't see why I can not do the same thing with an Kodi AddOn. Isn't there a way to replicate the login mechanism from JSTV in an Kodi AddOn?
(2017-07-21, 17:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-07-21, 11:58)buhtz Wrote: Then I don't understand why you wrote this AddOn would never be accepted in the official repos.
Hm? I don't follow... Add-on I wrote?
My bad english.

You wrote in your posting that such an AddOn would never be accepted. Why you think so?
Adobe HDS Streams (.f4m) cannot be played in Kodi without 3rd party plugins which are in banned repository.
So unless someone writes a inputstream.hds, there is no way any addon using f4m streams could be added to the official repository
However most sites that provide HDS stream also provide HLS Streams (.m3u8) as HDS cannot be played on Mobile Phones.
So if your addon scrapes for .m3u8 file and the source being NHK, I am certain that Team Kodi would consider adding it to the official repository as there are similar addons for other official content producers such as arte, ard, aljazeera etc in the official repository
Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
How can I find out if JSTV support m3u8-files / HLS Streams?
I know there is an App for JSTV. So it should go? But how to be sure?
Just use a "User-Agent Spoofer" addon on your browser to set your agent to iPhone and browse to the site and see the page source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FlashVideo in a website0