Metadata Kept On Server?
Hi,

I am in the process of getting a Pi 3 but I have a large library of media that will be stored on my NAS.

To save storage/cache on the Pi is there a way I can keep the metadata (art, posters etc) on my NAS instead of clogging up the Pi?

Thanks
The caching of fanart (posters, thumbs,etc) is fixed in a local Thumbnail cache folder on each Kodi client. There is basically no way around that. It's a design decision.

Depending on the OS flavor you use for Kodi, you could use an external USB drive (HDD / SSD) as the storage partition, and 'relieve' the RPi's SD card of mass writings.
You can also use path substitution (wiki) to do it. But don't try and use that to share between multiple devices, as you'll run into problems.

But for a simple relocation of the folder(s) from the Pi to the NAS it should work.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-07-21, 10:49)Klojum Wrote: Depending on the OS flavor you use for Kodi, you could use an external USB drive (HDD / SSD) as the storage partition, and 'relieve' the RPi's SD card of mass writings.

so an 8gb or 16gb thumb drive should be ok to use?

What would I need to do to point Kodi to the thumb drive? I would be accessing Kodi via Retropie emulation station.
Oh boy... I have 0-zero-njet-nada-zilch RetroPie experience. Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata Kept On Server?0