Please help
I bought a new Kodi Box back in April, I have sence downloaded the update. Sence the update everytime I turn the Box on I have to unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in before it will work properly. Any ideas as to what's up? Thanks for listening.
Not sure what's up with that;' sounds like you need to restart before it works. Might be better to just leave the thing powered.
Quote:before it will work properly
What do you mean by this? Give more details about what is not working.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-22, 02:50)Karellen Wrote:
Quote:before it will work properly
What do you mean by this? Give more details about what is not working.

When I power up the unit everything looks fine but when I click on one of the categories (tv shows, movies,ect) the tv screen is blank but searching. It has to be unplugged for a few minutes before it will go into categories.
What "kodi" box do you have? Android? have you added video sources? ie your own legally owned movies & tv shows.Is the network ready?

Can you browse the source from Video, files?
Yeah, some actual hardware information would be nice.... We're 6 posts into this thread already, and we still know nothing.
1) There is no such thing as Kodi box, Kodi is software, just as there is no "Microsoft Office box"...
2) You have probably downloaded update for the BOX? Or kodi?
3) You are probably using addons? If so, which?
So here is the thing. I am new to the box and don't know my way around the system as it appears that some of you do. People join forums for various reasons. Mine is to seek help in understanding an issue that I am having with the Box that I purchase just a few months ago. As far as being rude to? It is unnecessary. If you can't help me then
please don't respond.
The Box has an Android operating system. I did update it (Kodi 17.3) about two weeks ago and that is when the issue started. I have not added video sources.
I am not sure what other information is needed. Please advise.
Without video sources both tv shows and movies will be empty.

May I suggest you start here http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user

Nobody has been rude to you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-07-24, 01:59)nickr Wrote: Without video sources both tv shows and movies will be empty.

May I suggest you start here http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user

Nobody has been rude to you.

Thanks I will see what I can do with the link you gave me. Looks like a lot of helpful information.
As far as one being rude, I must have read more into the comment than I should have. I do apologize.
Yes, a problem with impersonal boards like these... there is no helpful references to tones in the voice, facial and body expressions so all context is lost
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help0