Slightly Choppy Video
Wondering if you guys can help. I've noticed some slightly choppy/juddering video on some 720p/1080p movies I have. The same problem persists on different devices (Acer Revo, Amazon Fire TV, nVidia Shield 2017) so it leads me to believe that it's the movie file.

This tends to happen in scenes where the camera is panning horizontally, and not necessarily fast moving either. It doesn't tend to happen on anything I view on my sky Q box. I have a Sony 4K TV and have tried to calibrate it to the best of my ability and have the MotionFlow either disabled or set to custom. Neither of these make a difference tbh.

Is there a sure fire way of troubleshooting this? Can log files determine anything?

Here is an uploaded log file taken at a certain scene in Breaking Bad:
http://paste.semperpax.com/pswfdtghq#line-1
This happens because films are usually filmed in cameras that record 23.976 frames per second. your TV probably supports a refresh rate of 24 HZ, the refresh rate and frame rate should be equal, if they are not, this will cause a stutter in the video output. Hit the keyboard 'o' and look for dropped frames. For this to continue through various different devices, points back at the encoding of the media.

In settings>player>videos>adjust display refresh rate = Always

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slightly Choppy Video0