v17 flac file not scanned into library
I have a few music flac files that causes problems.
Some flac files are not updated into the library and therefore very hard to find.
They are single files of a CD, the rest of the CD is scanned into the library without issues.
I can even play the troubled files when I select them under file manager therefore the seem to be not broken.
I also do not think that the file name causes issues (example: M.M._Westernhagen_-_Westernhagen_Live_-_CD2_-_17_-_Freiheit.flac )
since all the other file names from the same CD are of simular lenght and structure.
I analysed the troubled file with MediaInfo and get the following information:

Complete name : \\RASPBERRYPI\Freigabe\Music\Westernhagen Live\M.M._Westernhagen_-_Westernhagen_Live_-_CD2_-_17_-_Freiheit.flac
Format : FLAC
Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec
File size : 16.4 MiB
Duration : 2 min 48 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 820 kb/s
Writing application : Lavf56.36.100

What causes certain files not to be scanned into the library and what might be the specific problem with this file ?
Hello BG_Sputnik and welcome,

I have removed your other post for the following reasons...

1. You posted your log in the Forum. All posts must be posted at a pastebin type site, and only the link posted here. Also ensure you Enable debugging mode when creating the log.
2. Your other question was so similar to the question above, that both can be dealt with in this thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok thanks, could you advice me where to switch on debugging mode ?
I have a few flac music files in my library, when I play them the system hangs and needs to reboot.
I am running Kodi on an Raspberry Pi3 and HifiBerry DAC+
The first error in my log file is this line:
ERROR: JSONRPC Server: Failed to connect to sdpd

I am not sure what add-on or service needs the server or if I can swich it off somewhere.
I also get messages about IPv6 which I still need to set up in my router.
Can I switch IPv6 off at my raspberry pi3 or Kodi directly ?
Yes.

Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging. It should be the first item in the list.

You will know it is on when you see the counters in the top left of the display. Once you have completed replicating the problem and finished with the logging, remember to disable the logging, and the counters will disappear.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
If a music file is not being added to the music library, while other tracks from the same album are then this is probably a tagging problem. Use something like Mp3tag to have a detailed look at the tags embedded in that file and the others that work. Mp3tag has an extened view for an item - select it and hit ALT+T - this shows all the tags.
Need a full debug log (wiki) please, to pastebin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@BG_Sputnik I have merged your threads. Please stop this gun splatter approach, repeating topics on multiple threads.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flac file not scanned into library0