• 2(current)
Release script.colorbox
Wouw ..what progress user who didn't know how to start your script now have licence for your script.

I was accused of stealing intellectual property, just to public the image, which looks like the image from other skin (non public).

good luck..this is part for missing in Kodi....For Animation.

I use your, and one thing that nobody Suggested, create settings for this script.
Need to have button to clear cache.Folder for this in userdata is now larger then 1 GB (now need to clear manual)
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2017-08-12, 12:54)Angelinas Wrote: Wouw ..what progress user who didn't know how to start your script now have licence for your script.

I was accused of stealing intellectual property, just to public the image, which looks like the image from other skin (non public).

good luck..this is part for missing in Kodi....For Animation.

I use your, and one thing that nobody Suggested, create settings for this script.
Need to have button to clear cache.Folder for this in userdata is now larger then 1 GB (now need to clear manual)

Yeah, i'm not sure if cache is needed tbh.
As said, as more people use it I will work more on making it 'friendlier' Wink Big Grin

What do you mean with the animation part?

Thanks
(2017-08-12, 07:16)jurialmunkey Wrote: @badaas - I was wondering if it was possible to have a way for ImageColor and ImageCColor to have a fixed brightness and saturation set by the skin so that only the overall hue of the image is used to determine the color returned. This would be really useful for setting a highlight color based upon the image color. I think this might also help with what Jeroen wants to do. If this is too difficult, would it be possible to return HUEImageColor as the hue value from 0-255 similar to LUMAImageColor. Then I can just define a bunch of preset colours and pick them depending on the hue value.

EDIT: Also, looking at the image you linked, am I right in assuming that to pick the complimentary colour you invert the colour spectrum and pick the colour with the same value on the other side. If it is a scale of 0 to 1 in 0.1 intervals, then why not instead of inverting, just add 0.5 to the original value and use that value. If the value is over 1 then just subtract 1 from it. That way the Hue is thought of in terms of a wheel which is how complimentary colours are picked in design any way.

I have added HSV support for the complimentary color.

in Utils.py now there is

Code:
color_bump =        -8
color_comp =        "hue" #comp, bump, hue
color_hsv =         (0, -0.3, 0.2)

comp is normal (how it was), bump will bump each RGB by x amount (will add loop round if >255 | <0 later), hue is alter each HSV by x amount defined by a tuple of floats (scale is 0 - 1 in decimals, again will add loop rounds later).

to set them use NINE in StartUp.xml like so (or just leave as is in script)

PHP Code:
            <onfocus condition="System.HasAddon(script.colorbox)">AlarmClock(nms1,SetProperty(NINE_manual_set,"var=comp,set=hue|var=bump,set=16|var=hsv,set=0;0.2;0.1|var=quality,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_quality)]|var=blursize,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_blursize)]|var=bitsize,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_bitsize)]|var=pixelsize,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_pixelsize)]|var=black,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_black)]|var=white,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_white)]",home),00:05,true)</onfocus

and as per you will have skin.strings 'colorbox_bump, colorbox_comp, colorbox_hsv' (though these as always need initiating via skin as python cant create strings, but they will get set by python once in use).

@ https://github.com/BADMS/script.colorbox

edit: var=hsv,set=0;-0.2;0.2 seems ok..
This hue is of image colour ATM.
I will add complimentary later, I'll also give you a hue scale for both.
(2017-08-11, 15:16)badaas Wrote: ...
Sorry for not being around and thanks for your info, I will be looking into it more closely asap.

(2017-08-12, 07:16)jurialmunkey Wrote: @badaas - I was wondering if it was possible to have a way for ImageColor and ImageCColor to have a fixed brightness and saturation set by the skin so that only the overall hue of the image is used to determine the color returned. This would be really useful for setting a highlight color based upon the image color. I think this might also help with what Jeroen wants to do. If this is too difficult, would it be possible to return HUEImageColor as the hue value from 0-255 similar to LUMAImageColor. Then I can just define a bunch of preset colours and pick them depending on the hue value.

EDIT: Also, looking at the image you linked, am I right in assuming that to pick the complimentary colour you invert the colour spectrum and pick the colour with the same value on the other side. If it is a scale of 0 to 1 in 0.1 intervals, then why not instead of inverting, just add 0.5 to the original value and use that value. If the value is over 1 then just subtract 1 from it. That way the Hue is thought of in terms of a wheel which is how complimentary colours are picked in design any way.
yeah that sounds like the direction I would want to go
Added HLS support, complimentary color is now HUE inverted and will use color_hls, see Utils.py @https://github.com/BADMS/script.colorbox
You also have 'light' option now for comp color which will adjust using imagecolor via color_hls

Bit rushed ATM, you will need to delete addon_data/script.colorbox/colors.txt as was a small error that would of corrupted comp color data, oops Smile

PHP Code:
            <onfocus condition="System.HasAddon(script.colorbox)">AlarmClock(nms1,SetProperty(NINE_manual_set,"var=comp,set=comp|var=bump,set=16|var=hsv,set=0;-0.2;0.2|var=quality,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_quality)]|var=blursize,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_blursize)]|var=bitsize,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_bitsize)]|var=pixelsize,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_pixelsize)]|var=black,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_black)]|var=white,set=$INFO[Skin.String(colorbox_white)]",home),00:05,true)</onfocus
I'm interested in using colorbox with multiiimage. Is there currently any support or options for this? While using SEVEN on a multiimage, it flashes through the colors faster than my multiimage is set.

Anyway, great work as always on the new functionality -- I look forward to trying it out Smile

Edit: btw, the latest capabilities are great. I'm using the following now, and the CColor looks great most of the time

Code:
<onfocus condition="System.HasAddon(script.colorbox)">AlarmClock(nms1,SetProperty(NINE_manual_set,"var=comp,set=hue|var=bump,set=16|var=hsv,set=0;-0.2;0.2|var=quality,set=8|var=blursize,set=1|var=bitsize,set=1|var=pixelsize,set=12|var=black,set=000000|var=white,set=ffffff",home),00:05,true)</onfocus>
@badaas - excellent! Thanks for adding this. I will give it a spin later today.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-08-12, 12:54)Angelinas Wrote: I was accused of stealing intellectual property, just to public the image, which looks like the image from other skin (non public).
Sorry to bring this up but I feel like I need to mention my opinion on this statement...

You were not accused of stealing intellectual property, you were accused of copying a skins idea before it was released to the general public.

djh_ released screenshots and ideas for his skin before releasing anything to get feedback from users and you added it to your own skin.

I personally think that if you waited until release it would show the, deserved, respect for his time and work which could've been "years" in the making.

I believe the backlash you received has only to do with respect for his time and commitment. Which IMHO is important regardless of how things turned out.

When you look at it now from his point of view and the unfortunate circumstances that he and his family now face, his time and ideas seem even more important. To me anyways, sorry if this upsets anybody... Is not my intention to do so Confused
@badaas -- Was working well, but I managed to break it:

Code:
18:29:12.210 T:139841887651584   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-172:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.py", line 804, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.py", line 757, in run
                                                self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
                                              File "/home/mergeandvary/.kodi/addons/script.colorbox/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 492, in linear_gradient
                                                s = hex_to_RGB('#' + start_hex)
                                              File "/home/mergeandvary/.kodi/addons/script.colorbox/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 512, in hex_to_RGB
                                                return [int(hex[i:i+2], 16) for i in range(1,6,2)]
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 16: '0-'
18:29:12.211 T:139841921222400   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-171:
                                                self.run()
                                              File "/home/mergeandvary/.kodi/addons/script.colorbox/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 493, in linear_gradient
                                                f = hex_to_RGB('#' + finish_hex)
                                              File "/home/mergeandvary/.kodi/addons/script.colorbox/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 512, in hex_to_RGB
18:29:12.424 T:139842206193408  NOTICE: Metadata and Artwork module --> Rate limiter active for themoviedb.org - delaying request with 10 seconds - Configure a personal API key in the settings to get rid of this message and the delay.
18:29:13.215 T:139841921222400  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:29:13.215 T:139841921222400   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-178:
                                                self.run()
                                              File "/home/mergeandvary/.kodi/addons/script.colorbox/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 492, in linear_gradient
18:29:13.216 T:139841870870272   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-176:
                                                self.run()
                                              File "/home/mergeandvary/.kodi/addons/script.colorbox/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 493, in linear_gradient
18:29:14.204 T:139841887651584  NOTICE: Metadata and Artwork module --> Rate limiter active for themoviedb.org - delaying request with 10 seconds - Configure a personal API key in the settings to get rid of this message and the delay.
18:29:14.421 T:139841828906752   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-183:
                                                self.run()
18:29:14.817 T:139841912825600  NOTICE: Metadata and Artwork module --> Rate limiter active for themoviedb.org - delaying request with 10 seconds - Configure a personal API key in the settings to get rid of this message and the delay.
18:29:14.823 T:139841921222400   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-187:
                                                self.run()
18:29:14.824 T:139841803732736   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-190:
                                                self.run()
18:29:15.026 T:139841845692160   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-196:
                                                self.run()
18:29:15.229 T:139841795344128   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-200:
                                                self.run()
18:29:15.229 T:139841828906752   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-202:
                                                self.run()
18:29:15.434 T:139841736595200   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-208:
                                                self.run()
18:29:17.040 T:139841820514048   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-214:
                                                self.run()
18:29:17.245 T:139841744987904   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-220:
                                                self.run()
(2017-08-14, 10:31)jurialmunkey Wrote: @badaas -- Was working well, but I managed to break it:

Code:
18:29:12.210 T:139841887651584   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-172:
                                                self.run()
18:29:12.211 T:139841921222400   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-171:
                                                self.run()
18:29:12.424 T:139842206193408  NOTICE: Metadata and Artwork module --> Rate limiter active for themoviedb.org - delaying request with 10 seconds - Configure a personal API key in the settings to get rid of this message and the delay.
18:29:13.215 T:139841921222400  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:29:13.215 T:139841921222400   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-178:
                                                self.run()
18:29:13.216 T:139841870870272   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-176:
                                                self.run()
18:29:14.204 T:139841887651584  NOTICE: Metadata and Artwork module --> Rate limiter active for themoviedb.org - delaying request with 10 seconds - Configure a personal API key in the settings to get rid of this message and the delay.
18:29:14.421 T:139841828906752   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-183:
                                                self.run()
18:29:14.817 T:139841912825600  NOTICE: Metadata and Artwork module --> Rate limiter active for themoviedb.org - delaying request with 10 seconds - Configure a personal API key in the settings to get rid of this message and the delay.
18:29:14.823 T:139841921222400   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-187:
                                                self.run()
18:29:14.824 T:139841803732736   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-190:
                                                self.run()
18:29:15.026 T:139841845692160   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-196:
                                                self.run()
18:29:15.229 T:139841795344128   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-200:
                                                self.run()
18:29:15.229 T:139841828906752   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-202:
                                                self.run()
18:29:15.434 T:139841736595200   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-208:
                                                self.run()
18:29:17.040 T:139841820514048   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-214:
                                                self.run()
18:29:17.245 T:139841744987904   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-220:
                                                self.run()

Ok will have a look later, can you paste your start up settings line if you use one.
And the picture that breaks it if possible.
And also delete colors.txt and see if still occurs, thanks.
(2017-08-13, 18:00)realjohngalt Wrote: I'm interested in using colorbox with multiiimage. Is there currently any support or options for this? While using SEVEN on a multiimage, it flashes through the colors faster than my multiimage is set.

Anyway, great work as always on the new functionality -- I look forward to trying it out Smile

Edit: btw, the latest capabilities are great. I'm using the following now, and the CColor looks great most of the time

Code:
<onfocus condition="System.HasAddon(script.colorbox)">AlarmClock(nms1,SetProperty(NINE_manual_set,"var=comp,set=hue|var=bump,set=16|var=hsv,set=0;-0.2;0.2|var=quality,set=8|var=blursize,set=1|var=bitsize,set=1|var=pixelsize,set=12|var=black,set=000000|var=white,set=ffffff",home),00:05,true)</onfocus>

Thanks!
Everything is done by multis, try using FIVE, not sure if SEVEN just processes art(fanart) colour not image and not images supplied..
@badaas

Yeah still happens when deleting colors.txt

It only happens when I use quite high values for HSV e.g. (0;0.7;0.9)
Though I see that it adds to the value which is not really what I had in mind anyway. I was more looking for something to fix the value at certain level -- e.g. so the saturation would always be at 0.7 and the value at 0.9 no matter what the colour returned was.
If you don't mind me asking what idea is being disputed as "stolen" ? does it have anything to do with the LUMA, HUE Image color concept?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2017-08-14, 11:06)badaas Wrote:
(2017-08-13, 18:00)realjohngalt Wrote: I'm interested in using colorbox with multiiimage. Is there currently any support or options for this? While using SEVEN on a multiimage, it flashes through the colors faster than my multiimage is set.

Code:

Thanks!
Everything is done by multis, try using FIVE, not sure if SEVEN just processes art(fanart) colour not image and not images supplied..
Unfortunately with FIVE I get the same result. I can also confirm that SEVEN is using the multiimage art that's given to it in 7977. It flashes through the colors for all the multiimage art maybe every ~1/4 second, but I have the multiimage it's provided set to 6 seconds.

If I go to a multiimage that's only provided one image, there's no problem at all.

Edit: colorbox is disabled in these photos, but it gives you an idea. I'm using colorbox to color the focused gradient, with the poster (on supported titles) cycling every 6 seconds after loading: http://imgur.com/a/k5pwU

Here's the skin commit where I switched to multiimage for poster: https://gitlab.com/RealJohnGalt/skin.fus...2f4e95b0d0

And colorbox uses that Image_Poster var in 7977 (was 7975 when testing FIVE)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.colorbox1