Linux Issues with video display(krypton)
(2017-07-27, 23:36)asavah Wrote: Newer Kodi needs newer drivers (kernel), graphics stack (mesa) and underlying libraries which are provided by the OS.
AFAIK kodibuntu is no longer supported and recommended and it actually IS ancient.
While it is good for Jarvis on older hardware it just won't work for newer hardware which didn't exist when kodibuntu (actually ubuntu version which kodibuntu is based on) was released.

On a side note - telling one of the core Kodi devs who knows all the internals that his reasoning is flawed - not a smart thing to do Tongue

If you want ubuntu - backup your stuff and install fresh 16.04 LTS or newer from scratch and follow any of the guides available on the wiki or here on the forums to install Kodi.

>HuhAm i correct that you need an OS to run LebreELEC?
Nope, LibreELEC IS an OS, tailored for Kodi needs, optimized to run Kodi, skilled devs, great community and support.
You could "flash" LibreELEC to a USB pendrive and try it first without touching your hdd(s).

The way you explained it makes more sence as to an incompatibility with kodi 17 and ubuntu.
I dont care as to what os is running in the background as long as i have a seemless interface as i do now so i will try to get lebreElec going this weekend.
Thanks
Just finished installing LibreELEC and seems to be up and running again.
Will see how it goes as add-on are installed but it looks good so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with video display(krypton)0