uniqueid for Episodes
Hi,

I have noticed a weird behaviour when trying to retrieve TV Shows episodes information using one of the latest nightly of Kodi 18 (I'm quite sure this was not happening in the previous versions).

In the episodes .nfo files I'm actually using the uniqueid format as follow:

Code:
<id>5621931</id>
<uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">5621931</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="imdb" default="false">tt4593134</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb" default="false">1205906</uniqueid>

The add-on I'm working on (see the related thread) calls the following JSON-RPC query:

Code:
[Light IMDb Ratings Update] - JSON Query: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes","params":{"tvshowid":1, "properties":["uniqueid","rating","votes"]},"id":1}

Performing consecutive queries (not necessarily during the same Kodi session), provides the following weird results:

first query

second query

third query

So, for example, in the answer at the first query, the episode 4 has all the three ids under uniqueid field; at the second query, the episdode 4 has only the tvdb id uder the uniqueid field; at the tird query even episode 3 has only the tvdb id under the uniqueid field...and so on...

It seems that progressively the uniqueid fields are just disappearing living only the tvdb id ones...

Is there any rational explaination for this? I would really need your help. Thanks.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Do you've updated the ratings between the calls? If yes, which JSON command do you've used to update the episode information?
Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for your interest. Hope you will be able to help me.

Ok, hereafter I report one test I have just performed:
  • Clean install of Kodi 17.3
  • Added two TV Shows: Stranger Things (8 episodes) and Westworld (10 episodes)
  • Installed my add-on
  • Performed a first update (from the log you can see that all the episodes of both series have been updated)
  • Performed a second update (you can see that all the episodes of both series have no new ratings)
  • Marked as whatched one episode of Westworld
  • Run a third update (for Stranger Things only the first 5 episodes are processed since the other three have only the tvdb id in the uniqueid field)

At this link you can find the log.

Then, I made another one:
  • Added one TV Show: Stranger Things (8 episodes)
  • Installed my add-on
  • Performed a first update (all the episodes have been updated)
  • Performed a second update (all the episodes have no new ratings)
  • Marked as whatched the las episode
  • Run a third update (all the episodes have only the tvdb id in the uniqueid field)

You can find the related log here.

And, finally, a third test:
  • Added one TV Show: Westworld (10 episodes)
  • Installed my add-on
  • Performed a first update (all the episodes have been updated)
  • Performed a second update (all the episodes have no new ratings)
  • Played several times with watched/unwatched flags
  • Every update was ok (the uniqueid fields of episodes have not been changed)

And the log is here.

I agree that Stranger Things is a paranormal story, but far from me to exepct its influence on Kodi too!!! Kidding a part, do you have any clue about what could be the issue? Maybe something wrong in the infos so that when overwritten by Kodi the issue happens? I'm just throwing some crazy idea...

In case you want to give it a try, here is a "test package" for Stranger Things that includes all the thumbs, fanarts, actor and .nfo files. The package has .strm files instead of the real video files, but this is not for sure the issue. I don't think you need my add-on; maybe is sufficient to check the response of the "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes" calls before and after having set an episode watched.

I'm looking forward for your feedback.

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
Hi Dan,

Just a small update: I have made some tests on another machine (my Dell notebook x86 32 bit with Windows 7) running the latest nightly Leia build (32 bit version) and the issue didn't happen...I will try this evening on the other machine and keep you updated...maybe the issue happens when running over a 64 bit OS/machine?

Did you have the occasion to make a try?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uniqueid for Episodes0