Windows 10 - Nvidia GT1030 - custom resolution
Hi,

I just replaced AMD HD6450 GPU with Nvidia GT1030 for 4K in the future.
With my current screen size I had to create custom resolutions:

1920x996@24
1920x996@50
1920x996@60

I have created same custom resolutions with Nvidia

Kodi changes refresh rate with AMD GPU correctly but with Nvidia it forgets the custom resolution and changes to 1920x1080 with all refresh rates above

how can I force Kodi to keep custom resolution during refresh rate changes?

thanks
Have you also tried to rename/delete the guisettings.xml file and restart Kodi for fresh defaults?

Running a GT1030 here in Windows and it runs fine. I don't have your custom resolutions of course.
I'm curious though as to why you require those custom resolutions.
Windows 10 is clean install 2 days ago with latest kodi and latest nvidia driver.
Due to lowered ceiling I have to crop few horizontal lines to fit 120" screen.
I'll check the guisettings file. Otherwise GT1030 works perfectly as expected.
Are you using 1920x996 on desktop as well?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Yes @ 24Hz with optional 50 and 60Hz. Default is 24Hz because mostly watching movies 24fps.
With AMD play/stop did not cause refresh rate change because desktop was 24Hz like movies.
Now Nvidia changes everytime even not needed.
I have just installed the same card mine suffers from hdmi handshake upon resume into kodi but not windows itself
anyone else experiencing this sorry to but into the thread.
rew88
This refresh rate change feature with off / always / start and stop should have an option where it checks if refresh rate is 24Hz and movie is 24fps it should leave it alone until you watch video with 30fps. Like "keep latest"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 - Nvidia GT1030 - custom resolution0