Linux Stutter when playing videos back to back
Hi

I am experiencing a weird behavior where if play videos from a playlist then the second video played will start stuttering heavily. You can't tell there is going to be any problem when the first one i playing but right as the second one starts the stuttering begins. I right click a folder and hit play to setup the playlist.

Once I stop playback Kodi often misbehaves. Menus continue to flicker for a while and Kodi hangs sometimes. If I start a new video the stuttering is gone until the second video.

I have put off dealing with this for a while so I'm not sure when it started happening but I think it came when upgrading to Kodi v17.

I am running a Arch Linux machine dedicated to Kodi. Intel HD Graphics 4000 delivered by i3-3225.

Kodi.log
In the log I boot up the system and start a playlist.
First playback at line 116.
Second playback at line 163.

Please let me know if I missed to provide any information.
Thanks in advance.
Quote:17:33:53.410 T:139809824999168 ERROR: VAAPI::CheckSuccess error: unknown libva error
17:33:53.410 T:139809824999168 NOTICE: VAAPI::Close

Retry with LibreElec from a usb stick. This is a configuration issue of your arch.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
The problem is gone running LibreElec but I would still like to solve the problem on my current setup.
Is that possible?
I don't know - it's a distribution issue. The way kodi is packaged, the way your ffmpeg is build and much more (perhaps even only i965-va-driver is not installed) ... please ask on arch forum, perhaps you find the maintainer of the kodi package.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I installed package libva-intel-driver which got rid of the error message you noticed fritsch.
Unfortunately the problem remains.

New log: kodi.log

With new errors:
Code:
T:140403743426304   ERROR: Unable to load /usr/lib/kodi/system/libsse4-x86_64-linux.so, reason: /usr/lib/kodi/system/libsse4-x86_64-linux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
T:140403743426304   ERROR: VAAPI::SupportsFilter failed loading sse4 lib

Looks like some working in progress regarding this: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/53449

Who knew one should pay attention to error messages in logs...
Thanks for the help fritsch!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stutter when playing videos back to back0