v17 Closed Caption Issues
I'm hoping someone can help me with the following issue:

I lost my hearing a few months ago and now use closed caption with Kodi on my Windows computer. The CC starts off fine, but after a while, it's either behind or ahead of the movie or TV show. I know how to adjust the offset feature, but it's a pain to stop the movie every 10 min. or so to do it. Is there a better way for me to set up the CC feature? Or perhaps one subtitle download is better than another for correcting this problem.....

This problem happens even if there is no buffering of the movie or TV show......

Thanks in advance ........
I use subtitles and not all them are indeed a perfect fit. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to find the right subtitle.
In other cases, I use keymappings in keymap.xml to adjust both annoying things: subtitle and audio offsets.

Code:
<keymap>
    <FullScreenVideo>
        <F5>ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)</F5>
        <left mod="ctrl">subtitledelayminus</left>
        <right mod="ctrl">subtitledelayplus</right>
        <left mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayminus</left>
        <right mod="ctrl,shift">audiodelayplus</right>
    </FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

Adjust the keys to your own discretion. You will need a 'normal' PC keyboard for my keymappings.

There are subtitle editors, but re-synchronizing them takes a lot of patience and effort.
Thank you for your response .........this is a little advanced for me. Where do I edit the keymap? Is that somewhere inside of the Kodi setup or Windows? What actually happens if I use this code?

Thanks again ......
You can find/create it in the %appdata%/Kodi/userdata/keymaps folder (*I think*. I use a Linux computer, not a Windows computer at the moment).

It's a lazy/handy tool for:
- F5 - Start the subtitle search window (It should only start when a video is running, but currently it's starts from every screen. A minor inconvenenience.)
- CTRL + LEFT/RIGHT CuRSoR: shift the subtitle offset.
- CTRL+SHIFT + LEFT/RIGHT CuRSoR: shift the audio offset.

Restart Kodi after editing the keymap.xml file.
Play a video and press the key combinations. You should see soon enough what is happening.
Thank you, much appreciated ...........

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Closed Caption Issues0