SMB issue
any reason why I can't see smb shares on my desktop computer in openelec but I can see them in Xbian? I've tried using the ip, the desktop name, even just the workgroup, but I still get nothing but the two dots. I can also see the desktop on UPNP devices but it doesn't show anything but the default shares.
Ask at OpenELEC

Or maybe give LibreELEC a shot.
I don't actually think anyone is at the openelec forums. None of the questions seem to get answered, like ever.
Sounds like a good reason to move on to LE or OSMC.
Moving to LE probably wont help either. I have the same problem. Started a thread aboutt it and got help from Milhouse but he concluded that it was a samba problem and nothing he could do. Dont remember what the last version was that worked for me. But it is all i that thread.
(2017-07-24, 23:56)ActionA Wrote: Sounds like a good reason to move on to LE or OSMC.

Neither one of those distros see one of my external hard drives. So until I buy a replacement 2tb drive, I'm stuck with openelec.
When you say don't see your external hard drives, what exactly do you mean? Are you trying to add them as sources?

If you go under video > files are they visible there?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I meant exactly what I said. They don't mount, not under /media or /var/media. Its a working drive if i plug into into my win 10 desktop it shows up fine same with my ubuntu laptop. It also shows up in Xbian but theres a bunch of stuff that doesn't work there, or that I haven't figured out yet.
Boot into LibreELEC (preferably the latest build from here), attach your drive, then run "journalctl -a | pastebinit" and post the link.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-07-26, 00:02)EvilWayz Wrote:
(2017-07-24, 23:56)ActionA Wrote: Sounds like a good reason to move on to LE or OSMC.

Neither one of those distros see one of my external hard drives. So until I buy a replacement 2tb drive, I'm stuck with openelec.

Sounds like the disk isn't getting enough power.
(2017-07-27, 11:50)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 00:02)EvilWayz Wrote:

Sounds like the disk isn't getting enough power.

Its a WD My Book. It has its own power source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB issue0