v18 DVD Rips: choppy playback
I have a lot of DVD Rips on my NAS connected via SMB volume to my Kodi that's running on a Amazon Fire TV (the box, not the stick, not the 4K version).
All my DVD Rips are in one folder containing AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.
When I try to playback this DVD rips i have the problem, that the video playback is very choppy.
I tried different deinterlacing methods or switching it off as well as enabling or disabling hardware video acceleration (in Kodi 18 I have no options for framerate anymore).
Doesn't matter which combination of settings I select, DVD rip playback is still stuttering.
Then I went back to Kodi 16.1 Jarvis and the DVD rips play smoothly.

I know that Kodi 18 is still in development, but perhaps someone can check this problems so they will be fixed in the final version.
Wifi or ethernet?
My Amazon Fire TV is connected via gigabit network cable. My NAS is a Synology DS216play, also connected to my gigabit network.
Also, I had Kodi 16.1 Jarvis installed before on this Fire TV, which was able to playback DVD rip folders without problems.
And after the playback problems with Kodi 17.3 and Kodi 18 (nightly build) I went back to Kodi 16.1 Jarvis which works great again.
But I really like the new interface in Kodi 17 and 18 so I really would like to update to a newer version.
That's all very nice, but usually we start with a debug log, which can show most of the things going on inside.

Especially with Alpha builds. Smile
Ok. I will switch to version 18 again and check out how to create a log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Rips: choppy playback0