Hide OSD after x seconds on Pause
I'm still new to Titan, so I'm trying to find my way around it.

I've checked in SKIN SETTINGS > Playback & OSD > Video Playback and I can't get it to work. I would like the OSD to auto-close after x seconds WHILST PAUSED. The auto-close feature seems to work when it isn't paused, which I find strange. I tried disabling 'Show OSD infopanel on pause and seek', which is currently the best way I have found to do it, but it's not what I want exactly. Also, using that method, whenever I press select on my FireTV remote, it shows the playback controls first and I can't get it to display the NOW PLAYING part (Only on start-up).

Ideally, it would show on seek but disappear on pause after x seconds.

Also, disabling the OSD on pause still displays the small seekpanel, even though that setting is off. Anyway to fix that?

So, I want the OSD to show when paused, but disappear after x seconds. Thanks.

(I don't post on forums often, so I apologise if this is the wrong place to ask this)
(2017-07-24, 12:11)CMHammond Wrote: So, I want the OSD to show when paused, but disappear after x seconds. Thanks.

Oh, yes, please. This is beyond annoying. Sometimes I press pause to read s.th. on the screen. Actually, right now. But the text was hidden under the seekbar. So, I'm here. Hi.

Please make an option to autohide any OSD there might be when pressing pause after x seconds.

Thank you!
I had completely forgotten that I wrote this and found it when searching for my problem again just now. It’s still an issue that continues to frustrate me when I want to look at something whilst the video is paused, but it’s covered by the OSD.

However, I did just notice the (i) button on the OSD controls will hide it, but keeps the title of what you’re watching blocking some of the screen. Still, it would be nice to have this simple feature added to the settings. I am using Titan BINGIE mode now though.
There are a few posts here for editing the skin files to achieve this. Here is a solution based on them, but one that also keeps the old seeking behaviour.

Edit addons/skin.titan.bingie/xml/DialogSeekBar.xml and change the following line near the top:

x03:
<visible>[Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Player.ShowInfo | Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo)</visible>

to:

x03:
<visible>[Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Player.ShowInfo | Player.Seeking | [Player.DisplayAfterSeek + !String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekOffset)] | [Player.Paused + !System.IdleTime(3)] | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo)</visible>

Explanation:

Player.Paused + !System.IdleTime(3): This will display the OSD when paused, and for 3 seconds afterwards. In other words, the OSD will disappear 3 seconds after pausing. You can also remove this entirely to not show the OSD when pausing.

Player.DisplayAfterSeek + !String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekOffset): DisplayAfterSeek is true when pausing, and for 2.5 seconds after seeking or unpausing. This restricts it to only apply after a seek. This means the OSD will stay visible for 2.5 seconds after a seek, but disappear immediately after unpausing.

There are still a few oddities with the above logic. If you do a seek and then straight away pause, the OSD will not disappear. Also, if you press the Info button while paused to bring up the OSD, and then press the Info button again, it will take 3 seconds for the OSD to disappear. I am not sure how to fix these without changing the Kodi source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide OSD after x seconds on Pause0