v18 Hardware-accelerated video blanks after a few seconds
I am using the nightly builds, and about a week ago, Kodi stopped being able to play hardware-accelerated video (so anything hidef using VDPAU). Video starts fine, but after 10-30 second, the video goes black (audio keeps playing). Kodi has no problem with non-hardware accelerated video, and other media players on the same setup have no problem with VDPAU-using videos (I've tried mplayer and VLC).

Checking the debug log, this message appears when the video blanks out:

Code:
09:46:01.658 T:2964953152   ERROR: CVdpauTexture::MapRGB error register output surface: 1285

This is absolutely consistent (except for the timestamp). There is nothing else in the log either before or after. I do have the entire debug log if anyone thinks that'll help

EDIT: Full debug log here: https://pastebin.com/SHx5sAVZ

The system is running Ubuntu Linux 16.04.02, video card is a built-in nVidia ION, running Kodi nightly builds, which are currently 18.0.

Anyone have any ideas?
I have similar Problems, but only with Nvidia graphics, and only when jumping in the video or
changing the audio channel. But when the video runs, and I don't do anything, it runs without
problems. The problem appears not every time, but most times.
The log shows:
CVdpauTexture::MapRGB error register output surface: 1282
I am using a self built Master Branch of Kodi under Debian Buster.
Issue is known. Last nvidia card a developer has got broken - if it can be reproduced with AMD + vdpau then there is a chance it can be fixed prior to v18 - else: does not look good.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
But I am using the Nvidia  legacy-340xx drivers under Debian. Newer drivers do not work with the ION graphics.
No problem with the Intel Skylake graphics (same kodi build).
(2018-05-21, 14:35)mase76 Wrote: But I am using the Nvidia  legacy-340xx drivers under Debian. Newer drivers do not work with the ION graphics.
No problem with the Intel Skylake graphics (same kodi build).
 No "but" involved. VDPAU is broken ... not related to the driver.

Edit: Turn off VDPAU and it will work. Skylake uses VAAPI.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware-accelerated video blanks after a few seconds0