New Audio issue - skipping but video plays fine
Long time user of this great software.

I had an annoying problem yesterday - videos would play without problem, but the audio would cut out every 3 or 4 seconds for a second or two - like it was stuttering. Again, with no pause of the video itself - just the audio stream. This happened when streaming video online so I tested a couple of my own local video files on my computer - same issue. I'm running Windows 10 and haven't had a problem before - in fact, I exited Kodi and played the same local video with another program and it worked fine, no issue with my actual computer audio.

I connect via HDMI. I fiddled with all of the audio controls, to no avail. For example, I use passthrough to my receiver and I had the same problem whether that was enabled or not.

Possible Cause: Yesterday morning, I streamed an online video and I offset the audio slightly to compensate audio timing - Could this have anything to do with it? That was just one video, however, and I checked to make sure that there is no offset last night while I was having this issue.

Thanks for any suggestions - I'll be trying to see if problem persists when I get home from work tonight and can turn on my home cpu again.
Try Wasapi instead of direct sound, for testing
I flipped it back and forth yesterday, to no avail.

Regardless, Tonight there is no stuttering. Not sure why, but it's back to normal. Guess it needed 24 hours to get its act together.
No Debug Log no issue for the future.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Audio issue - skipping but video plays fine0