Win Recording playback and timeshift broken
(2017-08-02, 01:44)pünktchen Wrote:
(2017-08-01, 23:34)zumaval Wrote: Thank you again for getting back to me. I've double(well triple actually) checked the permissions and still no luck.
What's wierd is that the timeshift buffer file is actually getting created when I select a channel to play. When I close out, it deletes.
I know that doesn't totally eliminate permissions as a possibility but it seems strange that it can create the file but can't seem to access it to play.

BTW, I've tried with both the RTSP option on and off just for testing.

I wonder, I've created one network share with two subfolders for rec and timeshift. Does that matter? Should I instead create the shares directly on the subfolders?
The easiest way to check your shares is to browse for them through Kodi's file explorer.
Otherwise you have to post a debug log to pastebin!

That is a very helpful suggestion. After trying the kodi file explorer, I was able to play files in the recorded tv folder without any issue.
I couldn't test the timeshift folder because there aren't any files in there unless it's playing but they are both set up the same way.
Does that eliminate the share permissions as the issue? Could it be something else?
Also just noticed that the user listed on the TVServer is XBMCpvrclient3. Is that normal or should it be listing the windows account designated by the client config?
I wonder if having a user with no password on the client is causing trouble with the RTSP stream. I still have the authenticated user listed in config for the SMB share but still... seems strange.

I'm looking for a way to upload the log but I don't see it. I could just paste the pertinent text out of it. Is that usually the way it's handled?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recording playback and timeshift broken - by zumaval - 2017-08-02, 21:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording playback and timeshift broken0