Win Recording playback and timeshift broken
(2017-08-03, 01:22)zumaval Wrote: Ok. Feels like we're making progress although still no joy. I've disabled RTSP on all the clients. The reason I thought that was the way to go was because it's the only way I've been successful in getting the server to create the tsbuffer files. Anyways, moving on.

I've decided to apply a password to my login account on the client at least for troubleshooting this issue. I don't know if it makes any difference but I've also added my server user account as a credential on the client account. I think that only matters for RDP though. Sometimes I wish I had a full AD server. It would really simplify things.

I've uploaded my log file (redacted password).
https://pastebin.com/Bz8JLXVH

The more I'm reading through the log, the more I think your initial instinct, share permissions, was correct. What's strange is when I browse to the files in the recorded TV folder, I can play them without issue. Just not through TV > Recorded TV.

The log says it needs a true UNC path but from what I'm seeing "\\APOLLO\... is a UNC path. Also a bit strange. Unless you can see something obvious about the path, I don't see a problem there. APOLLO is the PC name, timeshift is the share name and I can browse to \\APOLLO\timeshift from any of the PC's, no problem.

Anyways, thanks again.

I got it. The smb user in the addon has to be only "EHS" and not "APOLLO/EHS"!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recording playback and timeshift broken - by puenktchen - 2017-08-03, 19:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording playback and timeshift broken0