So many issues, is there a box which can do it all?
(2017-07-27, 06:40)prekopix Wrote: Hi, with a gt1030 is enough to hdmi 2.0 hdcp2.2, 4k hdr and netflix 4k? On windows or libreelec?
Windows 10 as OS is required for 4K Netflix on a computer, (LibreELEC is Linux so its a no go for 4K Netflix).

GeForce GT 1030 supports HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 ( inc. HDR10 & HLG) in Nvidia's latest drivers/firmware.

(2017-07-26, 16:15)nsnhd Wrote: What's about Nvidia requirements of 3GB VRAM cards for 4K Netflix, is that not valid anymore ?
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4457
That article was last updated when GeForce GTX 1050 was the only low-end Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card on the market. Nvidia had not yet announced the GeForce GT 1030 then.

And no you do not technically need 3G VRAM to decrypt and decode 4K Netflix. They should not even need to mention GB of VRAM as 2GB will be enough and Im sure that no Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card will ever have less than 2GB.

So to answer, that article will just needs to be updated to reflect that minimum is a GeForce GT 1030.

(2017-07-26, 16:01)wrxtasy Wrote: Question is does this work properly ?

Netflix is available in Ultra HD on Windows computers. To stream in Ultra HD, you will need:

The Microsoft Edge browser or the Windows 10 app
A 4K capable display (with HDCP 2.2 connection if external display), Intel's 7th generation Core CPU, and the latest Windows updates
As I understand it you don't need an Intel CPU at all (and certainly not the later ones) as long as you have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card.

That is, Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card replaces the need to have a new Intel CPU as the HDCP 2.2 protection that Netflix require in done by the GPU, not CPU. As far as Netflix is concerned you have a GeForce GTX 10-series GPU, and which CPU manufacturer/type/model/age you have doesn't really matter at all as long as Microsoft supports Windows 10 on it.

But yes you do need to run Windows 10 to get 4K Netflix, but not sure that you have to use Microsoft Edge browser (as Chrome will probabaly work too?).

(2017-07-26, 14:53)Klojum Wrote: FYI,

Most of those LP cards have a HDMI 2.0 and a DVI-port on them.

The MSI card has a HDMI 2.0 and a DisplayPort. I picked that one, as it is more usefull to me.
Good point, thanks for pointing that out! Updated my initial post.
(2017-07-27, 09:58)RockerC Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 16:15)nsnhd Wrote: What's about Nvidia requirements of 3GB VRAM cards for 4K Netflix, is that not valid anymore ?
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4457
That article was last updated when GeForce GTX 1050 was the only low-end Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card on the market. Nvidia had not yet announced the GeForce GT 1030 then.

And no you do not technically need 3G VRAM to decrypt and decode 4K Netflix. They should not even need to mention GB of VRAM as 2GB will be enough and Im sure that no Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card will ever have less than 2GB.

So to answer, that article will just needs to be updated to reflect that minimum is a GeForce GT 1030.

Have you run yourself Netflix 4K@60 HDR with the GT1030 without any issue ? If not then you are only right about that the GTX 1050 was the only low-end Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card on the market at that time, but you still not give the reason why Nvidia stated that the cards should be "with minimum 3GB memory". At that time there were Nvidia cards with 2GB, 3GB, 4GB .... in the market, right ?
Hi,

I'm curious, are you happy with this GTX 1030 upgrade? Because I want to do something similar.

My current HTPC with an AMD A6-6400 is not able to play 4K movies. If possible I would like to upgrade this with a GTX 1030 for this purpose. I will need TrueHD Atmos support to!

At this moment I'm running OpenElec on this device, this should be changed to Windows 10 then?

Thanks for the reply!
(2017-07-27, 09:58)RockerC Wrote: That is, Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card replaces the need to have a new Intel CPU as the HDCP 2.2 protection that Netflix require in done by the GPU, not CPU. As far as Netflix is concerned you have a GeForce GTX 10-series GPU, and which CPU manufacturer/type/model/age you have doesn't really matter at all as long as Microsoft supports Windows 10 on it.

I know some UHD playback - possibly UHD Blu-ray - requires a 7th series Intel or later because for playback licensing they require SGX support (Software Guard Extensions) Is this just for Ultra HD Blu-rays - and is it not relevant to external nVidia/AMD GPUs, only intel integrated GPUs?
(2018-12-03, 14:08)witte200 Wrote: I'm curious, are you happy with this GTX 1030 upgrade? Because I want to do something similar.

My current HTPC with an AMD A6-6400 is not able to play 4K movies. If possible I would like to upgrade this with a GTX 1030 for this purpose. I will need TrueHD Atmos support to!

At this moment I'm running OpenElec on this device, this should be changed to Windows 10 then?
You'll require a Windows 7(?)/10 setup, as Nvidia simply does not do 10bit video of any kind to begin with in OpenELEC (OE is totally outdated itself anyway) or its fork LibreELEC.

Support for Nvidia in Linux will halt after LibreELEC 9.x as there is currently no Kodi developer willing to 'convert' Nvidia's latest CUVID driver solution for Kodi purposes, after Nvidia stopped supporting VDPAU.
OK Thanks for this info.

I've decided to go for the OSMC Vero 4K+. 

The price difference of €90 for the GT1030 to the €130 for the Vero 4K+ is to my opinion not whorth the hassle (yet) with Windows 10, ...

The Vero seems to do everything I desire with minimum effort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So many issues, is there a box which can do it all?0