hdhomerun pvr client
question how can i get a hdhomerun HDHR-US with kodi16? using the pvr plugin?
also i am running firmware 20161117
The official way to use the HDHR tuners in Kodi is through SiliconDust's video addon; there is no official PVR client for the HDHR tuners. The pvr.hdhomerun referenced in this forum is an attempt to integrate the HDHR tuners with Kodi's PVR subsystem.

To further add to the confusion, there are 2 or 3 different versions of the PVR client for the HDHR tuners. One is the original, one is a fork/continuation of the original code, and yet a third one is made to integrate with SD's DVR software as a complete backend. (The last of the pvr.hdhomerun addons—the one that integrates with SD's DVR—is not actually discussed in this forum, but rather on SiliconDust's forum.)

If you wish you use a different PVR backend, I know that NextPVR, Windows Media Center, MythTV and Tvheadend all support using the HDHR tuners. I'm sure many others do as well, but this is just from my personal first-hand knowledge.
what are the system requirements for tvheadend as i have everything running on RPi2s
also wow i didn't realize how many versions there were
(2017-07-25, 19:38)yonu Wrote: what are the system requirements for tvheadend as i have everything running on RPi2s

While I personally would not use the RPi devices for a networked DVR because of the limitations of the shared bus and 100Mbps ethernet, many people use their Pis with Tvheadend without problem.
Well i am not using them for dvr purposes only live tv also the official app will not work with my hdhr-us so i was trying to get the pvr client working
(2017-07-25, 19:48)yonu Wrote: Well i am not using them for dvr purposes only live tv also the official app will not work with my hdhr-us so i was trying to get the pvr client working

If the current app cannot tune your HDHR, then I doubt the pvr.hdhomerun addon will either. They are both based off of the HTTP interface that newer HDHR tuners have, but the older models lacked. In order to use your tuner with PVR software, you will most likely need a third-party solution like MythTV or Tvheadend, as they implement the older method of accessing the HDHR tuners rather than the newer HTTP interface.
ok thanks out of curiousity would downgrading back to kodi 15 work?
If you go to videos/media sources, does your HDHR show up there?
no it doesn't
Maybe something on your network then? Can't recall if I had to enable uPNP or something on the router to be able to get to the HDHR.
From the similar posts made on the SD forums, I believe the OP has an older device that is incompatible with their Kodi addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hdhomerun pvr client0