Problems with Kodi 17 playing videos
Hello,

Thanks for the great work. I have the same problem as drdwridav, both on krypton 17.1 and 17.3, on a raspberry-pi 2 running libreelec.

Do you happen to have a solution for this problem? Maybe some missing addon?

Thanks in advance Smile
(2017-07-25, 01:01)Merlin09 Wrote: Hello,

Thanks for the great work. I have the same problem as drdwridav, both on krypton 17.1 and 17.3, on a raspberry-pi 2 running libreelec.

Thanks in advance Smile

Hi Merlin09
Glad I'm not the only one, was beginning to think I was going a bit crazy!
You've basically got two options using Milhouse libreeelec test builds.
1. Roll back to krypton 17.0 beta 4. You are looking for Milhouse 8.0, krypton test build 1024 from October 2016. Wcbs works fine on this build, and streams play super fast!
2. Go forward to Leia, using a Milhouse 9.0 recent test build (I'm on one from around 10 days ago). I've been explaining my issues to developers through the Kodi trac portal and there have been ffmpeg changes in Leia which do make streams play again now in recent builds, though the load times are increased. Takes around 30 seconds for stream to start, for me anyway.
Hope that helps. If you are not familiar with the test builds and how to install them, just let me know.
(2017-07-25, 08:54)drdwridav Wrote:

Thanks in advance Smile

Hi Merlin09
1. Roll back to krypton 17.0 beta 4. You are looking for Milhouse 8.0, krypton test build 1024 from October 2016. Wcbs works fine on this build, and streams play super fast!
2. Go forward to Leia, using a Milhouse 9.0 recent test build (I'm on one from around 10 days ago). I've been explaining my issues to developers through the Kodi trac portal and there have been ffmpeg changes in Leia which do make streams play again now in recent builds, though the load times are increased. Takes around 30 seconds for stream to start, for me anyway.
Hope that helps. If you are not familiar with the test builds and how to install them, just let me know.

Hello!
Thanks for your support. I guess I'll try first going forward to leia, and revert back to early builds if I see a show stopper. I never tried to install development builds, so if you could point me to where/how, that would be greatly appreciated.
Again, thanks a lot for your help Smile

--- edit ---
found builds and instructions
my last question is Smile for test preview 17.0 beta 4, should I install a clean jarvis and upgrade from there, or will it downgrade from krypton ?
again, thanks a lot!

--- edit2 ---
found a jarvis build as a base, I'll give it a go after running some errands Smile
I'll let you know about the outcome
(2017-07-25, 09:23)Merlin09 Wrote:

Thanks in advance Smile

Hi Merlin09

Hello!
Thanks for your support. I guess I'll try first going forward to leia, and revert back to early builds if I see a show stopper. I never tried to install development builds, so if you could point me to where/how, that would be greatly appreciated.

--- edit ---
my last question is Smile for test preview 17.0 beta 4, should I install a clean jarvis and upgrade from there, or will it downgrade from krypton ?
again, thanks a lot!

--- edit2 ---
found a jarvis build as a base, I'll give it a go after running some errands Smile
I had a similar problem with Krypton RC3 on my RPi.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305732

Could the same solution resolve your issue?

Sent from my GT-P3113
(2017-07-25, 10:37)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2017-07-25, 08:54)drdwridav Wrote: Hi Merlin09

Hello!

--- edit ---
again, thanks a lot!

--- edit2 ---
I had a similar problem with Krypton RC3 on my RPi.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305732

Could the same solution resolve your issue?

Sent from my GT-P3113 (typie typie)

Thanks. It was worth a try, but didn't work for me. back to the other solution Smile

Thanks in advance Smile

Hi Merlin09

Hello!

--- edit ---
again, thanks a lot!

--- edit2 ---

Hi,
Never had a problem jumping back and forward between builds, but a backup is always a good idea!
The test build 1024 is really stable and seems to load alot of streams quicker than later builds. I only abandoned it and moved to Leia because of Netflix support...
Note: I stand to be corrected but I don't think that these higher quality streams are rtmp based any more, that's the reason why jmooremcc's possible solution didn't work (although that solution is still valid for CBS through USTVVOD addon, which is also worth a look).
(2017-07-25, 16:47)drdwridav Wrote: Hi,
Never had a problem jumping back and forward between builds, but a backup is always a good idea!
The test build 1024 is really stable and seems to load alot of streams quicker than later builds. I only abandoned it and moved to Leia because of Netflix support...
Note: I stand to be corrected but I don't think that these higher quality streams are rtmp based any more, that's the reason why jmooremcc's possible solution didn't work (although that solution is still valid for CBS through USTVVOD addon, which is also worth a look).
HI,
Thanks for the clarification. I used to use ustvvod.
Everything works like a charm using the 17 beta 4.
The only downside I see is that the favorites menu does not work. I can't launch anything from the favorites. Do you have the same issue?

Secondly, are most krypton plug-ins and repositories working with Leia?
Because if it is stable enough, I could try to go forward, rather than backwards Smile

That being said, thanks for your help, I made my wife's day, and everybody knows... Happy wife, happy life :p
Thread moved to the Pi section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Kodi 17 playing videos0