Win Change Deinterlacing Method
Hi all,

On my Windows 10 machine, running the latest Kodi 17, I only have four options for Deinterlace: Off, Deinterlace, Deinterlace (half), and DXVA. For some videos, these produce acceptable results. For some, they do not. I recently started watching some new DVD content (Samurai Jack), and the interlacing is terrible. I would be willing to just blame it on the source, give up, and try to look past it, except that I've found several other media players that seem capable of playing it without the combing.

This brings me to my question. In the searching I have done on this, I've seen several references to people using other interlacing methods. In particular, I've seen mention of YADIF, with which VLC seems be able to deinterlace my video. However, they seem to only be mentioned on other platforms, so I'm wondering if it's a Windows issue. Is there anyway to access other deinterlacing methods on my system?

Thanks,
Unno
Unno, sorry for replying to an old post, but i was wondering if you were able to find a resolution to this?  I'm also having combing issues on Windows 10 and my deinterlacing options are only DXVA and Off.
Maintaining a few add-ons for v18 including PseudoTV (Classic), Tag Overview, and Autosub: https://github.com/fnord12

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Deinterlacing Method0