change views movies in AEON NOX
Hello,

this might sound as a super silly question...

I had installed the AEN Nox skin on an android tablet.

When looking at the movies.. I could only see the list view of the movies (with first the company logo.. then the name...).

I have seen several YouTube videos where they can change the view by clicking on the left side of the list and an a whole selection panel opens.

With the Original KODI skin I was able to select this panel by swiping the small button from left to right. In the AEON nox skin I can't see this possibility.

However when I change the skin to the Original one.. change the view there to poster view.. and change the skin back to AEN nox.. the movie list is changed.

Could you please help me out and tell me how I can select the panel on an android table...

Thank you !!
There are some instructions here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Sidebar_menu

I am sure they apply to the tablet as well. If not, let us know.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you kindly for your reply....

The text indicates that you need a mouse to click on the left side or the Arrow keys to make the window appear.... but it means you either need a keyboard or a mouse

I have tried but the swiping does not result in making something appear on the screen. At least not on a tablet.

I've been tapping like crazy. Smile "Single finger tap and hold or two finger tap ".... but no luck
Try tapping the hamburger button on the top left corner of the TopBar. It looks like 3 vertical grey squares.
It is so tiny...and i tried tapping it for so many times....and only once an extra selection screen opened.

Closed it...only to try again...but could not get it back.

Is there a special trick? A gesture...

But thanks for the help...getting closer...
I have used the skin on an iPhone so I know it "can" work. You just have to be precise but it is likely dependent on the device and if the touch sensor can even be activated that close to the displays edge.

The main issue is that the skin is not designed for touch devices. You should be using Estouchy for that. Navigation and access to certain settings or options will always be more difficult do to the design not taking into account touch devices at all.

My only suggestion is to see if you can change the longpress (hold) to activate <menucontrol> but I can't help there. A kodi dev or at least someone knowledgeable with that function might be able to give more info on adding that to your Keymap (wiki), if it is even possible to do so. Wiki only says it works for remotes, keyboards, and gamepads so it may not be relevant.
I had the same trouble, but found that I can access the 'hamburger' simply by pressing the 'up' navigation key. No need to use a mouse or context menu keys - just press up and the options panel then opens.

Works on my TV remote and also my Kodi phone app.

Paul
(2017-07-29, 22:09)Rossoreed Wrote: I had the same trouble, but found that I can access the 'hamburger' simply by pressing the 'up' navigation key. No need to use a mouse or context menu keys - just press up and the options panel then opens.

Works on my TV remote and also my Kodi phone app.

Paul

There is no "up" key on a touch device Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
change views movies in AEON NOX0