Win Remote Control set up - Kodi Live TV
Hello,

I just moved to windows 10, and I am planning on giving up WMC for Kodi Live TV. In the past I used both, WMC for live TV and Kodi for everything else.

My family needs a user friendly remote control to access: Menu, channel up, down, volume, back, forward within Kodi live TV.
With WMC it was easy as all my MC remotes were already pre-program for WMC, but Kodi live TV is not.

What/how can i set up my MC remote to map the button to the Menu, back, channel up, down... within Kodi Live TV, HDHomerun.

Thank you!

my setup
HTPC, windows 10, HDHomeRun 3 tuners, cablecard, MC remote and Logitech Harmony remote.
Hmm, I use the same MCE remote for both WMC and Kodi and it seems to work OK without any changes. I think I did install a MCE remote plugin in Kodi? Some of the buttons are a little different, i.e. skip forward is not the >>| button but the right arrow instead.
(2017-07-26, 19:46)jdlive Wrote: Hmm, I use the same MCE remote for both WMC and Kodi and it seems to work OK without any changes. I think I did install a MCE remote plugin in Kodi? Some of the buttons are a little different, i.e. skip forward is not the >>| button but the right arrow instead.

i didnt know we have a plugin for mce, i will check it out. thx
(2017-07-26, 19:46)jdlive Wrote: Hmm, I use the same MCE remote for both WMC and Kodi and it seems to work OK without any changes. I think I did install a MCE remote plugin in Kodi? Some of the buttons are a little different, i.e. skip forward is not the >>| button but the right arrow instead.

ok, i did install MCE remote but same result.
For example, I need the "Guide" button to work as a "Guide" button (list of channels), duh!
when i click "guide" on my remote, nothing happen.

how can i map my remote to kodi? Specifically for HDHomeRun live tv?

Help appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control set up - Kodi Live TV0