Win HEVC playback color issue (Leia)
I have been using the nightlies for a little while now and a somewhat recent issue has cropped up regarding HEVC mkv files.

The last known build that works correctly for me is 20170712-9b949153a5-master. From that one going forward, including the most recent 20170725-0d55e122bb-master, HEVC mkv files look like this during playback:

Here is my debug log after playing the file for some seconds.

Here is a second log playing a different HEVC mkv file but playing it caused a crash and I forgot to download the pdb file but here is a zip file with the dmp and stacktrace if it is needed.

I realize there is active work being done and I am perfectly happy to continue using the build that is working for me so this is just in case the issue is not yet known or some of the info I provided can help.

Thanks Smile
try to set Render method to DXVA. let's see whats will happen.
Render method DXVA and it works.
Render method Auto doesn't work and here is a new debug log with Allow DXVA2 enabled just in case, it was previously disabled in the last logs.

Should I use this setting from now on and should I enable DXVA2 as well?

I had disabled DXVA because of past issues with playback, skin reloads, or minimizing/maximizing while paused.

Thanks.
thanks for feedback. I'll try to fix the issue. Currently you can use DXVA render method as workaround. For your system it doesn't matter DXVA2 anabled or not in case for hevc main10 decoding.
Thanks for looking into it Smile

I did notice one other thing... Playback does not begin unless I press something. Anything seems to work.

Opening a dialog, pausing and then playing again, seekstep, FF, RW. Pretty much everything I tried worked but I did have to do something to get playback started otherwise it seems like it is stuck in that delay while changing refresh rates stage. I currently have that set to 1.5 seconds.
the fix https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12577
The color color issue when using auto detect is fixed for me. Thanks for fixing it so fast.

I am still having the issue I mentioned above about the stuck in the delay for refresh rate change state.

Here is a new log where I waited for awhile before pressing enter to open videoosd so playback would start.

I had a hunch it was related to the delay on refresh rate change so I turned that off and it did start playback without any interaction needed. Here is the log with that setting turned off.

Thanks
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12594 should fix the issue with playback after refresh rate change
I can confirmed fixed.

Thanks so much for all the Windows work you are doing, it is much appreciated Smile
@sunshineliu

I have removed your links. Still trying to decide whether you were being helpful, or took the opportunity to spam some advertising links.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-31, 16:36)afedchin Wrote: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12594 should fix the issue with playback after refresh rate change

has this been merged for 64bit yet by chance? as not working on today's build, can provide log if needed in the morning
(2017-08-05, 00:04)orby Wrote: has this been merged for 64bit yet by chance? as not working on today's build, can provide log if needed in the morning
It doesn't depend on bitness.
hiya a log where i have to hit alt tab or something else to get a picture when adjust refresh is set to on start/stop audio plays but picture doesn't show

https://pastebin.com/7mYqA9y5
just to mention is still doing it on today's x64 nightly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HEVC playback color issue (Leia)0