Win Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC
I feel like I must be doing something wrong, as I can't get 4K video to play. I bought the GT 1030 specifically for this purpose based on this thread (and others like it) extolling the low cost, modest power requirements, passive cooling, etc. - it sounds perfect!

I tried two different files last night - a 1-minute sample from Mad Max: Fury Road and an LG demo video. In both cases, the video will start playing with tons of stuttering, then completely stop and flake out. They also didn't work in VLC player, so I feel like there must be some fundamental driver or setting I've screwed up. Any tips on how to diagnose or fix this? Are any particular settings required outside of defaults to enable proper 4K playback?

I just built the system, so all drivers were just installed and updated. 1080p video plays fine, and audio is properly passing through to a Denon receiver via HDMI.

Mobo: Asus H100M-E/M.2
CPU: Intel Core i3-6100
GPU: Gigabyte GT 1030 
RAM: 8GB
Nvidia driver: 384.76

ETA: I used the drivers linked on Gigabyte's site for my specific model of GPU, but it seems like those are actually pretty damn old. Is that the likely culprit? 

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. I understand that the problem may be something specific to my build, but I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing that's GPU-based.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC - by rufusdog - 2018-01-31, 18:52

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.