Win Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC
(2018-04-07, 14:58)Soli Wrote: Generally there is a small overhead when using madVR, but if you're not using any additional filters, your video is HW accelerated, and you're not using a PentiumIII, then that overhead should be negligable. Since I don't have a GT1030 I don't know for sure (or tweak the settings) and I can be wrong, at least regarding 4K usage.

I have battled to get my setup (Win10, Kodi 17.6 DSPlayer, GT1030) to play 10 bit 4k HDR files but after much experimentation the following settings seem to work:
1. LAV - Choose NVIDIA native rather than copyback (so no black bar detection etc.)
2. MadVR - Choose convert HDR to SDR using a 3dLUT.

Also, it's useful in Kodi DSPlayer to change the filters to external rather than the internal ones, that way it is possible to alter settings from the task bar icons and update Kodi when a new version of LAV is installed.

Pixel shader takes just enough overhead to push the render tome to around 41ms, causing both frame repeats and drops. By using the 3DLUT, that is down to around 25ms. Still too slow for 60Hz but fine for 24Hz. Only downside is the fixed mapping rather than MadVRs intelligent processing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC - by MrRimmer - 2018-10-01, 17:27

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 graphics cards - Perfect for low cost budget 4K HTPC2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.